Join us for an hour of writing!
We’ve discovered that it’s strikingly helpful to write with other writers. See if it’s true for you at 11:30am on Friday mornings for a lunch-hour session at Stone Creek Factory Café (http://www.stonecreekcoffee.com/factory-cafe).
Be it a book, blog, script, essay, dissertation, resume, melody, poem or just plain work stuff, you are invited to write it with us. No one will see what you've written or give you unsolicited advice.
Instead of just thinking about writing, come and get some real writing done.
Here's what you can expect if you join us for our Friday MeetUps:
• 11:30am - quick intros & set-up
• 11:35am - timer starts and the writing hour begins
• 12:35pm - the end of the hour is announced, but if you don't want to chat, or take off, you can always continue writing
(The café opens at 5:30am and the location closes daily at 7pm. Check out the Yelp review (https://www.yelp.com/biz/stone-creek-coffee-milwaukee-13?q=wifi) for more info.)
A few other notes about Stone Creek Factory Café (http://www.stonecreekcoffee.com/factory-cafe):
• WiFi is free and available within the building.
• There are limited outlets, so you'll want to have a good charge on your laptop or other writing device.
• The location is busy during the lunch-hour - but many people tend to grab & go - that said, bring headphones / earbuds / earplugs if you want to block out conversation from other patrons.
• Café options include ample selections for vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores. The kitchen menu is online (https://www.stonecreekcoffee.com/userdata/userfiles/file/Menus/Stone-Creek-Kitchen-Menu-And-Special-Order.pdf).
• Coffee, tea, and other beverages are available. Have a look! (https://www.stonecreekcoffee.com/userdata/userfiles/file/Menus/Stone-Creek-Cafe-Menu.pdf)
• Tables vary in size and accommodation. LOTS of photos available on Yelp! (https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/stone-creek-coffee-milwaukee-13)
Tips on travel and parking:
• Stone Creek Factory Café is located at 422 N 5th Street in downtown Milwaukee - between St. Paul and Clybourn.
• 10-hour metered parking is available on side streets - and there are several nearby local lots given the proximity to the Amtrak station.
• In terms of public / people-powered transportation, please check out your options using GoogleMap (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Stone+Creek+Coffee+-+Factory+Caf%C3%A9email@example.com,-87.9193476,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x25a3e257535ad9f4!8m2!3d43.0352307!4d-87.9171589?hl=en&shorturl=1).
A few other notes on Shut Up & Write MeetUps:
OPTIONAL SOCIALIZING happens at 12:50pm. Writing is very solitary. Connecting (and sometimes even commiserating) with other writers is a cool thing.
Also, BEING LATE IS OKAY. Just show up and get settled, then check-in with me after the session. (I’ll be the person with the Shut Up & Write! table-tent in front of my MacBook.)
Happy writing. We look forward to seeing you at Stone Creek Factory Café on Fridays!