9845 Folsom Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95827, Sacramento, CA
Join other writers for a three hours of focused writing! In addition, Tina Gower, a published local author, (see bio below) will be joining us for both the writing sessions and to speak to us during the Lunch break. Tina has been published over several genres from Sci Fi, to Mystery-Suspence, Romance, and more. She is currently working on "The Outlier Prophicies" an urban fantasy series.
10:00-10:30: Check-in, Introductions
10:30: Writing Session 1: Write for 1 ½ hours
12:00: Lunch break and Speaker Tina Gower
Tina Gower grew up in a small community in Northern California that proudly boasts of having more cows than people. She raised guide dogs for the blind, is dyslexic, and can shoot a gun or bow and miraculously never hit the target (which at some point becomes a statistical improbability). Tina also won the Writers of the Future, the Daphne du Maurier Award for Mystery and Suspense (paranormal category), and was nominated for the Romance Writers of America Golden Heart (writing as Alice Faris). She has professionally published several short stories in a variety of magazines. Tina is represented by Rebecca Strauss at DeFiore and Company.
1:30: Writing Session 2: Write for 1 ½ hours
3:00 Finish writing, chit chat, clean up, etc.
Come and join us a mini-marathon session that guarantees up to 3 hours of focused writing! If you cannot commit to the full time, feel free to join us for only one of the sessions. Either way, you will be pleased with the productivity achieved at this event.
A few guidelines for the Mini Marathon Meetup:
1) Free Parking available 2) Be sure to sign in when you arrive so we may keep accurate head-count.
3) Please arrive on time to avoid disturbing other writers.
a. If you arrive late, please try not to disrupt the other writers. Quietly find a seat and start writing. You will have a chance to sign in and introduce yourself during the break
4) Please silence your mobile phone. If you must take a call, step out of the room to avoid disrupting the other writers. Try to limit unessential calls to the lunch break. It will be appreciated by all.
5) You are welcome to bring your own snacks and lunch. While there are plenty of restaurants within driving distance, since we are having a lunchtime speaker it is suggested you bring a sack lunch.
6) If you are bringing a laptop, make sure it's fully charged. There are likely plugs available, but this is the first time at this venue, and we can’t guarantee there will be enough outlets for everyone.
7) If you find that you can’t make it, please change your RSVP as soon as possible.