addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

HUGS Central Florida Anxiety & Shyness Social Support Group Message Board › Suggestions to liven things up?

Suggestions to liven things up?

A former member
Post #: 15
If you guys are interested in rock climbing there is a great place in Altamonte/longwood area, Aguille. I rockclimb there at least once a month with another group. It is beginner friendly as they will teach you how to tie knots and be safe. They have a variety of difficulties from expert to first timers. Cost is around 20 dollars and they give you shoes and a harness. If anyone wants further information on it send me a message. Also not meaning to steal this groups thunder or anything but, Young Outdoor Adventurers is a pretty active group we usually have something going each week and are vary open to new ideas and people, we are very friendly and typicaly have at least 1 new member at each of our events.
A former member
Post #: 8
I think we should do the rock climbing. The YOA group, sounds intimidating lol
A former member
Post #: 9
ya i get what you mean yazmeen it could be intimidating especially for those of us who haven't tried it, maybe jumping into that could be too much. but we could try the other place. that should be cool for all of us to experience together

i wanted to thank you for writing to me especially today being real rough. it makes me glad i joined the group. just wanted people to know that you are great smile
A former member
Post #: 9
awww, thats so sweet. thank you laughing
Daniel
user 12688666
Orlando, FL
Post #: 79
Swimming----Beth---anywhere...I saw one person wanted to pair up and do it and I figured they had a pool....Yasmine-- I have always wanted to teach people how to swim. I love the water. I am a scuba diver and I was on the swim team in High School. I did a lot of aquatic activities in Boy Scouts. I am used to the water and I want everyone to be. That is why I want to teach people to swim, and maybe get experience doing that and get jobs as aquatic instructor.

One of my other groups is talkin about doin a trip to Rock Springs or Wekiva.

Seriously though Yas if your apt has a pool or something you know of a place, and do not feel confident I would love to help. Its been something I really wanna do.
A former member
Post #: 13
Daniel - I'm not far from Wekiva springs and we swim there every now & then. Gets too crowded for me in the summer. Early spring is nice for canoeing.

I have to second the rock climbing, it was alot of fun. Bit overwhelming at first, but once you get the hang of it, its a blast.
A former member
Post #: 10
We dont have a swimming pool in our complex, but I live very close to a community pool. I see people practicing laps all the time. I'll have to go the front office and find out what the rules are with going there. But It looks like the water is really deep. I stay away from anything more than 6', even 6' is too much for me. As long as my toes can touch the bottom I'm ok tongue

I'm with you Beth. I want to do the rock climbing. I think we should put it on the agenda (but first see if there is another group there). We should book it for just us so that way we dont have to feel anxious.
A former member
Post #: 10
well there is a swimming pool in my complex, we could use it. its small so it might not be that deep smile

i third, what Beth and Yazmeen said about the rock climbing, it seems really awesome to try.

i agree with Yazmeen though, it would be less intimidated if we are the only group there.
A former member
Post #: 14
I have a pool in my backyard...tho it's only 3 1/2 feet deep LoL :-D
A former member
Post #: 11
Beth i think Yazmeen would like that since its not so deep.