addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › Thanksgiving without child(ren)

Thanksgiving without child(ren)

A former member
Post #: 3
Hello Everyone! This will be my first Thanksgiving without Max. However, I would like to turn this into a positive experience and I am wondering if anyone else will be without child(ren) this Thanksgiving? If so, I am thinking it would be nice to gather on the Friday after for a social hour. Anyone interested? Thanks, Anna
Ken
user 10992199
Madison, WI
Post #: 12
I like your idea, Anna.
Steve M
user 12572727
Madison, WI
Post #: 4
I'm not sure yet if/when I will have my daughter this Thanksgiving, but that sounds like a good idea to me as well.
A former member
Post #: 9
I could be interested. I've been having T-Day without kids, off and on, for 15 years. It would be nice to share it with folks of similar mind. If there's a small group - no more than six - I could host a potluck.
Dave
A former member
Post #: 41
Thanksgiving is the one holiday that I get my girls every year (my ex gets Easter), so I have my girls until Friday evening. I'd be interested in doing something later in the evening but Friday during the day is our Christmas tree cutting ritual with my dad.
A former member
Post #: 2
I would be very interested in planning something as well. I haven't been active with the group yet and would like to meet some new people. An outing Friday night sounds good to me, too.
A former member
I would be interested. Anna, I have a Max also! It's my first TG without him as well and also my first in Madison. My family is back in Michigan and I'm unable to get there due to time restraints with my son's dad picking him up Thursday.
A former member
Post #: 2
Anything sounds great, because this is the first time alot traditions for Thankgiving weekend will be broken and I was trying to figure out what to do with my time.
A former member
I sent an email out to everyone that sounded interested in getting together Friday but I figure I will post the same message.

It sounds like there maybe 5 or 6 of us that maybe interested in getting together for a little social hour the Friday after thanksgiving so I’m sending everyone who sounded interested this email to maybe get the ball rolling and make some suggestions. It looks like most of us are on the Westside of town so maybe we could go Great Dane at Hilldale or Eno Vino on Junction Road but I’m open to suggestions. The other question is the time so let’s throw two out there for discussion 5pm or 7pm?
A former member
Post #: 4
Sorry for that last response Anna's last post didn't show up until after I sent it out 5pm at the Great Dane sounds excellent. Maybe, great minds think a like?