addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › The Man Thread

The Man Thread

Brad B.
user 18460471
Oregon, WI
Post #: 1
just joined the group and was reading 'the man page' and had a couple thoughts. First off i have a 11 year old son and a 9 year old daughter, and i also find it difficult finding fun 'girly' things to do with her. I golf, play catch, talk sports, and things like that with me son, but its harder with her. If i ever do something with just my son i always try and take the same amount of time to do something with her, even if its just sitting on the bed and talking. I can see that means so much to her! Once in a while i'll have my sis or parents take one of them and give us just some one on one time doing something they enjoy. We do a ton of stuff together but i know they love the one on one 'dad' time

Guy clothes....never got it and never will. Sat in too many stores looking at mannequins and pictures of guys on the wall and what they are wearing and it never looks as good on me. I would be a great project for someone if any woman wants to take it on!

lastly....been a pontiac guy all my life so Trans Am, Firebird, and the GTO Judge....have had them all and loved them!
Rick
RickThePerson
Madison, WI
Post #: 6
My kids are the same age. I have more of a problem with having one on one time, as I almost always have them both at the same time. One thing that does work well with my daughter is cooking, usually desserts. It will be a double treat for her to get daddy time and fresh warm cookies. The right video game can also work. Right now my daughter loves Cooking Mama and Wizard 101, which we can both play together.

A former member
Post #: 18

According to the Urban Dictionary (urbandictionary.com), a "player" is defined as "a male who is skilled at manipulating ("playing") others, and especially at seducing women by pretending to care about them, when in reality they are only interested in sex.

I think your (their) definition of a player seems more of a user, my understanding of a player is one who has intimate relations with more than one partner, yet each partner thinks she/he is the only one; hence: playing them.

My question is this: Is it ok to date more than one person at a time if you are not sleeping with them? Or does that make you a player too?

Not that I’m asking for any particular reason :)
A former member
Post #: 19

lastly....been a pontiac guy all my life so Trans Am, Firebird, and the GTO Judge....have had them all and loved them!

Is there room for two super cool Brads in the same thread? I too had a TA, 1981, last year of the big model... and yes, I lost my license, you?

Brad B.
user 18460471
Oregon, WI
Post #: 3
I had several...'76 formula firebird, '79 trans am, '90 firebird, and '91 firebird. The last one i drove over a guard rail leaving the Mt Horeb Frolic.....and i only had 12000 miles on it....it was totaled. Oh, and the '79 trans am was sold to a friend who sold it to another friend who sold it to another friend.....and i found out a couple weeks ago he has it for sale in verona. i've considered buying it back.
A former member
Post #: 15

I think your (their) definition of a player seems more of a user, my understanding of a player is one who has intimate relations with more than one partner, yet each partner thinks she/he is the only one; hence: playing them.

My question is this: Is it ok to date more than one person at a time if you are not sleeping with them? Or does that make you a player too?

Not that I’m asking for any particular reason :)

Brad, I think your def. of a player is more spot on than the urban dic. def.

The dating more than one person at a time... I think you may be a player if you don't let the people know you are not dating them exclusively. If you are up front and open, and tell them you are dating more than one person... NOT a player. But if you lead them to believe they are the one and only, regardless of wether you are sleeping with them or not, that would make you a player. Don't think there's anything wrong with dating more than one person... as long as everyone is aware... and then if you get to that point where you want to be exclusive... have that conversation.

(If this doesn't make any sense, blame it on my post-surgery pain meds)tongue
Brad B.
user 18460471
Oregon, WI
Post #: 4
for me, dating is giving 100% to one person, see where it goes, and if it doesnt work then move on. I've met many people since my divorce that are ok with casual sleeping around untill they find what they're looking for, but to me thats a player. With jobs, kids, ex's, finances, and everything else going on its hard enough to make something work with one person much less stringing a bunch of people along. Once its intimate, it needs to be exclusive.....
A former member
Post #: 20
I agree with you super cool Brad II, I'm not talking about sleeping around, I'm talking about going out and having a good time. I too have meet many new people, it seems most have done internet dating. Is this not the same thing? Dating multiple. I like going out dancing and doing other fun things, Just get out and have fun. How else do you do this without dating multiple? If Mrs right happens to walk right in front of me, then I can see committing. But, if you commit to one as you are dating, you may miss out on Mrs right, right?

In the other post, were you referring to the MH Muster? If so, email me.

Brad B.
user 18460471
Oregon, WI
Post #: 6
internet dating.......that should be an entire discussion page by itself.
Lynne
user 16733751
Madison, WI
Post #: 4
I agree. I'm convinced that it should be approached with a good sense of humor. My guess is that everyone who has experienced internet dating has some very funny (and not so funny) stories. However, I have heard success stories as well.