addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Mary A.
user 14361280
Madison, WI
Post #: 19
Hi Nicole,

Believe it or not, once you acknowledge that you don't like something and realize you want to change it, you are mostly there! I was just reading your comment how you don't like the person you have been, and I know now, you will be fine...you are already on your way.

I think the biggest way you know you are NOT the person you are supposed to be is that you are uncomfortable with it...the discomfort is there to nudge you...even PUSH you, to change it...because you are meant to live a much better, bigger, happier life. Remember, even if you feel like you aren't in control, you ARE. YOU CAN CHANGE IT, at ANY moment. It all starts with REPLACING ALL NEGATIVE THOUGHTS and MEMORIES with your IDEAL LIFE...I know from experience that God's gift of free will gives us whatever we think about...good or bad. If you are thinking about past traumas and hurt, you will get more of it and re-live it over and over. But if instead, you replace that thought with a positive thought about how YOU want to be, how YOU want to live, and HOW you want your future to be with your daughter and perhaps someone special in your life, you'll be amazed how it can transform your life.

It's so important to only think about how you really want to be, how you really want life to be and more importantly, how you want to FEEL. God put this responsibility in our hands...He leaves it up to us to freely think about whatever we want, but we don't realize, it's what is creating our life. I too, learned this the hard way, but finally got sick of that type of life and changed my thoughts. I now live in a different world, filled with happy events and people. I am finally with the love of my life. I have perfect days. I'm living the life I never allowed myself to dream of before. I don't exaggerate...and it was so easy. It's within us at every moment of every day. You deserve to be blissfully happy...take control and go for the life you are meant to be living! : )

I could babble all day...I have a couple other small things for you, too and will make another small reply on those. SMILE, Nicole. You have today to change things however you want to. Go for it! : )

Warmest Wishes,

Mary Anne
Mary A.
user 14361280
Madison, WI
Post #: 20
To see who's on CHAT on Facebook, I have to click on HOME at the top right corner...that refreshes the screen and shows me who's on chat in the lower left-hand corner.
Mary A.
user 14361280
Madison, WI
Post #: 21
Nicole--here's a FREE Teleseminar I heard a while back that's really good on dealing with your "inner mean girls." There's no strings to listen...you will learn a lot without having to buy anything additional. Think it's this week, too. The free teleseminars out there are very good...I listen whenever I can. Gives me all kinds of ideas on enhancing my life. This particular one is quite funny, but helps you conquer those internal critics...

Wake Up Call Coaching
Mary A.
user 14361280
Madison, WI
Post #: 22
I'm not sure how to find the group on facebook either, other than search for their names or emails on FB and friend them? If anyone's interested, I'll put a link to my FB below...I try to post free, inspirational articles about once a month...

Mary Anne's FB Page
A former member
Post #: 28
Mary Anne give me some of your positiveness! Wow. thank you for the link I've signed up to listen. From my posts what is the number one first book I should read that you think can really help me? It's taken me 20 some years to get like this I sure hope it doesn't take me 20 more how depressing! My life I'll always be alone I mean I'll have my daughter but other than that I don't want to share it with anyone. I won't do that again. I got involved with someone after my marriage and I did fall hard, very hard. I love him but unfortnately he doesn't love me or can accept me for as I am. I don't want to share life with anyone anymore whomever would try would have many many walls and layers to climb through and need an axe or bulldozer just to get through to me. My heart for men is done. I refuse to listen to anyone on this. So save your time on that aspect of my life, it's not open for discussion. Sorry not being rude just stubborn. Thanks Mary Anne. Are your books sold mainly through UW bookstores? Thanks for the facebook suggestion they must have banned me from this as when I click on home nothing happens and there is nothing at lower left or lower bottom righ corner lol.
Mary A.
user 14361280
Madison, WI
Post #: 25
Nicole,

I love your honesty...you have a very BIG heart, even if it doesn't feel like it, right now. It takes a lot of courage to be so open and in touch with your feelings...I admire that so much in anyone, so good for you!

Not to bounce around any more, but just yesterday, I got an audio book at the library and couldn't stop listening...I'll have the copy for a while because I'm loaning it to a friend, but they probably have more audio and paper copies. I think you'd love it as you are not afraid to mention Jesus in your life (I am the same way--life is nothing without God!), and it will make you feel better! It's only 3 hours long too...

Divine Guidance, How to Have a Dialogue with God and Your Guardian Angels by Doreen Virtue...it's wonderful...and at one point, she addresses broken hearts.

In the meantime, remember that whatever you think about deeply and passionately, you will get more of...it's how God's Free Will works and how He makes us responsible for our lives. At the same time, He is there to help you, but He has to go with your deepest beliefs. The book above and my book talk about this, mine being very basic and introductory, as I cover many angles of life. I would recommend you reach out to God and learn more about how to get His help, and Doreen Virtue has a bunch of books about angels I think you'll love.

My book can be found at a lot of the area Walgreens (usually near the checkout counter), and the Madison UW Bookstores may still have a copy or two...you may have to ask them. My website has all the locations listed: AnniePress.com - RISE ABOVE Book Locations

Be good to yourself and never give up. Believe it or not right now, the world needs you terribly...

Sending a smile,

Mary Anne
Mary A.
user 14361280
Madison, WI
Post #: 26
Hi Nicole,

I just happen to get an email from the Walgreens on Mineral Point Road (by West Towne)...she said she has one of the RISE ABOVE THE SH**! Books left. Just thought I'd pass it along. If you get there and it's gone, the Old Sauk Road Walgreens should have them too. : )

Keep the smiles going...they belong to you!

Mary Anne
A former member
Post #: 30
great thanks Mary Anne I'll pick it up after work tomorrow- you have truly touched my heart and have given me inspiration hope that one day I can be more like you. I live in monona I might have to check and see if the walgreens there has a copy too if they are sold out at the other two before I can get there.
Mary A.
user 14361280
Madison, WI
Post #: 27
You really made my day, Nicole : ) Thank you. I wasn't always this positive...I've been working on it for years, but once I got a taste of how life can be, there was NO stopping me! You have the desire, so you will soar before long, believe it or not! : )

I haven't gotten over to Monona yet, so the closest Walgreens is probably the one at the corner of McKee & Maple Grove...not McKee and Fish Hatchery...the other one in the newer area. I'm actually delivering another order over there today.

Stay focused on ONLY WHAT YOU WANT, all the time, and you will have it...life's too short to waste dreams! : )

Warmest Wishes,

Mary Anne
A former member
Post #: 51
There have been a lot of good suggestions in this conversation, and I'd like to add a couple of my own. They are "When Things Fall Apart" and "Getting Unstuck" both by Pema Chodron and both available as books and on CDs. Pema is a Buddhist nun and abbess of a monastery in Nova Scotia. She is also a mother and, I believe, a grandmother, and has a style that's both easygoing and down-to-earth. She doesn't preach, but rather offers proven ways to work with difficult emotions. I recommend her strongly.