addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › what is your "friendship percentage"?

what is your "friendship percentage"?

A former member
Post #: 36
I had initiated a chat on here today and I just reflected back on a thought I had before. Being the financially minded, I thought to myself "what percentage of people I encounter at a job or even in a forum online become the kind of friends that are then when you need to vent, talk or maybe just hangout?" ya know, like good friends. I thought to myself about the factory where I used to work and had a few good friends there but certainly not a lot of them. then I thought about my current job where there maybe 20 to 25 people in all. How many good friends? maybe 2 which comes to about 8%. How many at the factory where more employees? I had more than 2 but again the percentage is close to 5 to 10%. And I've fired some friends over the years and i'm sure some have fired me.

I was wondering if anybody else ever thought along those lines. Quite a few have come and gone but there seems to be a general "sift" of people through my thought processes. I seem to be a rather morally demanding person and those I see as loose with morals don't cut it. I guess i subconsciously sort them out.

There are some people who say they've only had one good friend their whole life. what say ya all?
A former member
Post #: 1
I know that I've always struggled with finding close friends, but I think that women in general can vent to each other more without having to be "good" friends. I seem to generally have one or two very close friends in my life at any given time. Not sure what percentage that is, though. smile
A former member
Post #: 16
I agree, I have a very outgoing personality and I've had people tell me that's hard to reconcile with my position, since I am a programmer. So alot of the women I have worked with in past jobs HATED me cuz they were totally opposite personalities. I got the feeling they thought that having a brain and being able to accessorize are mutually exclusive.
I have to say joining the meetup groups was the best thing I ever did cuz I have made some amazing friends that like to go out and have fun. The best part is that you know you are friends and even if you don't get in touch for awhile thats ok, cuz we'll catch up eventually.
A former member
Post #: 1
I joined this site with the purpose of making friends. I noticed that over the years, moving across the country and back and living in Florida for the past 12 yrs has removed the majority of friends.

Like you said, I have a few people who I call a friend, but to have someone close enough to share personal feelings and problems, there is a drastic shortage. I am picky about my friends, especially in my currenty age group.

I dont care for hanging out in bars, strip clubs, drunks, druggies, seems that that criteria alone cuts most of the prospects out.