addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › Marital Settlement Agreement... with no kids involved...

Marital Settlement Agreement... with no kids involved...

Optimistic C.
OptimisticChris
Madison, WI
Post #: 147
I am wondering what might be in a MSA if the two parties have no children?
Does anyone have one that they might be willing to share?

OC
A former member
Post #: 63
We had 5 children, but all were over 18 at the time of the MSA, so there is no language in ours dealing with children. We simply divided up all of our assets and debits 50-50 and reached an agreement on maintenance. Assets included everything, including pensions, vehicles, furniture, house, etc. Debits included my ex's outstanding student loans (she went back to college in her 50's). All of these things were listed on a balance sheet and we moved assets back and forth until the bottom line for each of us was exactly the same.

Essentially everything in the MSA was financial.

We used the collaborative process, a series of meetings until all was settled. Then the signed agreement was submitted to a judge for a 10 minute court hearing, where everyone stated that they agreed to the document and then he ruled it final and binding.

As I just moved this week, I have no idea of where that MSA resides right now.