Sivananda Yoga is not just a workout -- it's a pathway to self-realization.
Skip the rush hour traffic on Mondays to relieve stress, enhance your vitality, and quiet your mind.
Sivananda Yoga springs from an ancient lineage of Hatha Yoga and is now taught at over 60 centers worldwide. This 90-minute class energizes you through breathing exercises, asanas, and guided relaxation. It's open to all ages and fitness levels, though familiarity with Hatha yoga is recommended.
The teacher, Jnanadev, began practicing Sivananda Yoga at the New Delhi center in 2003 and completed the Teacher’s Training Course at the Sivananda Yoga Ashram in Nassau. He has personally experienced the transformative power of Sivananda Yoga and is grateful for the opportunity to share this gift with others.
· Mondays from 5:15pm-6:45pm. Please be a yogi and be on time. Those arriving after 5:25pm will not be admitted to avoid disturbing the group.
· 5th Floor "Game Room" in C3 of the Cambridge Innovation Center at 1 Broadway in Kendall Square (2 min from Red Line stop)
· Mats and pillows provided. Wear loose, comfortable clothing (knees and shoulders should be covered)
· First class free, then $10 donation to Sivananda Ashram
· To reserve a spot, please RSVP by noon on Monday. If you sign up and then can't make to class for some reason, please update your RSVP to "Not Going" to free up space for others
· To see a video of what the class will be like, you can watch this video
https://youtu.be/dkAJw6M15iQ or review a description of each asana at
· Please review the contraindications for asanas if you aren't already aware of them: https://m.facebook.com/groups/716606485157363?view=permalink&id=808933202591357
Follow our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/sivanandacambridge/ for weekly quotations from the Swamis as well as class updates, photos, and relevant info.