Amsterdam Ave and 172nd St., New York, NY
The High Bridge is New York's oldest bridge, which was closed for 40 years(!) before reopening as a pedestrian walkway last year. It has beautiful views of the Harlem River and a park nearby.
It is high up, to say the least. (It is very safe and pleasant, but you should stay away if you have a severe fear of heights. I am also not 100% sure it is handicap-accessible.)
Please meet at Amsterdam Avenue and 172nd street. It is important to be on time! :)
Any problems on the day of the event, I can be reached at [masked]-9816.
Looking forward to sketching with you!
In case of rain, I will let people know early in the morning if it is canceled, and then reschedule for another day.
What makes our Meetups different from other art groups and classes? There's no instruction, but we like to share our work, and chat and be inspired. Share tips and learn from people in a casual environment where all levels of artists are welcome! Don't be shy to ask anyone anything!
• We sketch for a bit, usually 45 minutes or so, and then get back together and share our drawings, and then sketch again, etc. There's usually time for 3 or 4 sketches.
• Please bring your own supplies - anything you like to work with - pens, pencil, watercolor, pastel, small sketchbook or large paper, iPad, whatever suits you.
• We hand out nametags so everyone can meet one another!
• We take photos to share on the site later. Take a bunch!
• Please take care to make sure we do not leave any trash behind. Please also leave the dogs at home; they tend to step on the artwork. Thanks.
• This Meetup is FREE and everyone at all skill levels is welcome!
Please note that if you add a comment below it will spam everyone with an email, so please use your judgement.