One of our favorite event types is drawing each other! Portrait practice is super important for artists, but we don't often get to do it live. Here, we'll partner up or work in small groups as one person sits still and the other draws. The focus is on faces. If you're shy, you don't have to pose, but it's encouraged. This is also one of the best events for meeting other people - in a super relaxed and no-pressure way.
Where are we meeting this time? At the (not very) famous King Jagiello statue in Central Park! It's a nice spot next to the pond. Don't know where that is? Neither does anyone else! We'll meet outside the park at 5th Ave and 79th Street (just south of the Met) and walk in together.
Any problems on the day of the event, text or call[masked].
Looking forward to sketching with you!
IMPORTANT: In case of rain, I will let people know early in the morning if it is canceled, and then reschedule for another day.
What makes our Meetups different from other art groups and classes? There's no instruction, but we like to share our work, and chat and be inspired. Share tips and learn from people in a casual environment where all levels of artists are welcome! Don't be shy to ask anyone anything!
• We sketch for a bit, usually 45 minutes or so, and then get back together and share our drawings, and then sketch again, etc. There's usually time for 3 or 4 sketches.
• Please bring your own supplies - anything you like to work with - pens, pencil, watercolor, pastel, small sketchbook or large paper, iPad, whatever suits you.
• We hand out nametags so everyone can meet one another!
• We take photos to share on the site later. Take a bunch!
• Sorry, but please leave the dogs at home; they tend to step on the artwork. Thanks.
• This Meetup is FREE and everyone at all skill levels is welcome!
Please note that if you add a comment below it will spam everyone with an email, so please use your judgement.