Tucked away in SoHo/Nolita is a hidden gem - a beautiful sculpture garden with all sorts of diverse art and plants and structures. Let's meet there and sketch! We'll meet up at the entrance on Elizabeth Street, between Prince and Spring. You can't miss it.
The Garden is actually just about the only green park space throughout the whole area. But what's a shame is that the city is working to replace it with new fancy-schmancy apartments. This event is free, but while we're there, if you want to donate to support the park (their legal fees fighting the development), I'm sure they would greatly appreciate it. Likewise with signing their petition, and even by promoting this event and posting photos, etc. You can learn more here: https://www.elizabethstreetgarden.com/ . Again, that part is all totally optional.
Any problems on the day of the event, I can be reached at[masked].
Looking forward to sketching with you!
IMPORTANT: In case of rain, I will let people know early in the morning if it is canceled, and then reschedule for another day.
What makes our Meetups different from other art groups and classes? There's no instruction, but we like to share our work, and chat and be inspired. Share tips and learn from people in a casual environment where all levels of artists are welcome! Don't be shy to ask anyone anything!
• We sketch for a bit, usually 45 minutes or so, and then get back together and share our drawings, and then sketch again, etc. There's usually time for 3 or 4 sketches.
• Please bring your own supplies - anything you like to work with - pens, pencil, watercolor, pastel, small sketchbook or large paper, iPad, whatever suits you.
• We hand out nametags so everyone can meet one another!
• We take photos to share on the site later. Take a bunch!
• Sorry, but please leave the dogs at home; they tend to step on the artwork. Thanks.
• This Meetup is FREE and everyone at all skill levels is welcome!
Please note that if you add a comment below it will spam everyone with an email, so please use your judgement.