What this is
Let’s learn to use Sketch App, design a simple mobile app project, and build a prototype. We’ll do it in person, in a small group (12 max), one-on-one. The old-fashioned way.
We'll first learn the basics of Sketch 3. Then we'll go over some advanced techniques. After that, we'll quickly create our first simple flow for an iPhone app. We'll finish by prototyping our project. Simple as that!
What we'll learn
• Why using Sketch?
• A look at the UI
- Toolbar and how to customise it
- Layers and Pages List
- Inspector Panel
- Canvas and Artboards
• Useful Keyboard Shortcuts
• Using Artboards
• Understanding Colours in Sketch
• Graphic Styles
• Text Styles
• Using Symbols on Sketch!
• Making elements exportable
• Quick Useful Tips
- Smart Guides
- Rounded Corners
- Spacing and Aligning
• Symbol and Group Resizing with Examples
- Pin to corner
- Resize Object
- Float in Place
• Creating and managing symbols
• Nested Symbols
• Combining Shapes
• CSS Styles
• Layout Grids
• InVision’s Craft Plugin
• Using Zeplin to handout designs to developers
• Custom Shapes, Radius, and Points
• Drag out to create an Asset
• Rotate Copies
• Round to pixel
• Quick Tips
- Multiple Duplicate
- Math in Field
- Rounded corners editing
- To Front, To Back
• Building our First Prototype
• Using Craft plugin to fill Data, Duplicate Objects, and Sync with InVision
• Adding interactions to our prototype using InVision
Who is it for
Sketch Together is a workshop for beginners interested in mobile design, user interface, wireframing, UX, prototyping, and illustration. We'll be learning tools like Sketch App, InVision, Marvel App, Flinto, Adobe Suite, and others. If you already know Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design apps and want to add Sketch or prototyping apps to your toolkit, this is the place to do that!
You don't need to be a designer to learn how to use these tools. If you're a developer or a product manager that wants to get to turn your ideas or wireframes into a reality, this is the workshop for you.
What you need
• Bring your laptop! You'll need a MacBook or Windows running OS X virtual environment.
• Install Sketch 3 (https://www.sketchapp.com/). You can get a 30-day free trial
• Feel free to BYOB (Bring Your Own Beverage).
I started this group because I want to share the knowledge of using Sketch 3 and other tools for mobile and web design. I want to give a new take on the old way of teaching; one on one, in a small but efficient workshop. Packing the important stuff in four hours. In the end, we will have designed a simple mobile flow and put on a live prototype.
Looking forward to creating awesome stuff with you!
Subscribe here (http://eepurl.com/bSFU3H) for early access to workshops: http:/eepurl.com/bSFU3H (http://eepurl.com/bSFU3H)