47 Old Mill Road, Killington, VT
Killington Resort, one of most popular premier ski resorts on the East Coast, spans six mountains and features 155 trails all served by 22 lifts, including two gondolas. "The Beast of the East" benefits from a 4,241 foot peak elevation, an impressive 600-acre snowmaking system as well as over 250 inches of average annual snowfall. The newly constructed Peak Lodge offers great views, food, and fireplaces at the top of the K-1 gondola.
Killington's terrain is extremely diverse, ranging from gentle groomers (Great Eastern, Great Northern) and learning areas by Snowshed base lodge to single and double black diamonds runs (Superstar, Double Dipper), steep mogul runs (Outer Limits), and gladed trails (Chop Chop), as well as some of the best terrain parks (boxes, rails, jumps) in the northeast.
Killington offers more terrain, more variety, more lifts and more snow than any other area we visit. Being relatively close to New York means a shorter trip each way, and lodging at the resort means more time to enjoy the snow.
We stay at the Mountain Inn – a deluxe inn on the Killington access road, just a short ride or walk to/from Snowshed base. Those wanting to start or end their day at any of the other four bases can use the free shuttle bus to get to and from our Inn. The shuttle will also take you up and down the access road so you can shop and enjoy the Killington nightlife. Since we are staying at the resort, you can come and go as you please.
Aside from the convenience of its location, our hotel has the comforts of a sauna and a heated outdoor pool. Each day starts with breakfast served in the downstairs dining room. If you don’t feel like going out after skiing, you can relax in the hotel’s friendly bar/lounge, with a roaring fire and live music. The hotel’s Santa Fe Restaurant serves a fine dinner (not included in the trip price) in a Southwestern setting.
On Saturday night the adventurous can visit the Pickle Barrel, one of Killington’s hot spots. If you feel restless and want to sample all that Killington offers, the free shuttle bus runs through the evening and can bring you to any of the many restaurants and bars found along the access road.
The $475 package deal includes:
• Bus transportation to and from NYC and between lodging and ski venues;
• Double occupancy lodging (we will pair you with a roommate of the same gender if you are on your own, in a room with two double beds);
• 3 breakfasts.
• The opportunity to ski/ride all three days (Sat/Sun/Mon), as we leave straight from the Snowshed base lodge on Monday afternoon.
• Lift tickets, equipment rentals, lessons, lunch and dinner are not included.
• Lift tickets, equipment rentals and lesson packages may be purchased from us in advance at discounted group rates (usually around 40-45% savings over the on-site lift ticket price, and still cheaper than the online price!). Details are sent to registered participants.
• This trip is for downhill skiing and snowboarding. This trip does not offer cross-country skiing, but you can make your own arrangements with the cross-country centers there.
• The $100 price listed on Meetup is the deposit for the trip, as outlined in the Sign-up/Cancellation Policy below.
By signing up, you agree to our cancellation policy which can be found in the Pages section:
Refunds offered if:
Additional notes: By signing up you agree to the signup/cancellation policy as shown in https://www.meetup.com/skiclubofnewyork/pages/10876502/Sign_Up_%7C_Cancellation_Policy
Payments you make go to the organizer, not to Meetup. You must make refund requests to the organizer.