863 Main St, Stowe, VT
Stowe Mountain Resort is the definition of the luxury Eastern resort, and provides quality skiing and riding for all levels. The area's lift system includes a gondola to shuttle guests between Mount Mansfield, Vermont's highest peak, and its "sister" mountain, Spruce Peak. This inter-mountain transfer lift provides transportation to and from the slopes at the bases of Mount Mansfield and Spruce Peak - formally linking the two. The Poma ten-person standing gondola spans Vermont’s Route 108. Stowe benefits from its location on Mt. Mansfield with 333 inches of average annual snowfall that falls over its 2,160 foot vertical drop and 485 acres of skiable terrain.
Stowe Mountain Resort's Cross Country Ski Center offers 45 km of groomed trails and 30 km of backcountry terrain. The rental shop offer a full menu of nordic snowsport gear including snowshoes, touring gear, performance skate ski and classic ski packages, backcountry and telemark gear. Three miles from the ski center is the Trapp Family Lodge, where you can relax by the fire at the Slayton Pasture Cabin or head to the Austrian Tea Room for an elegant lunch.
For the Downhill crowd, Stowe Mountain Resort has the longest average trail length of 4 miles in the East, and a total of 116 trails. At 4,395 ft. summit elevation, Mt. Mansfield is the highest peak in Vermont, offering Snowboarders and Skiers with an 8-passenger gondola to some of the most challenging trails in Vermont. Beginners and intermediates might feel more comfortable on the slopes of neighboring Spruce Peak, only minutes away. Stowe is known as one of the best free riding mountains in America, but for some it's all about the half pipe and terrain park and Stowe delivers the goods for that crowd as well.
Our home for the weekend is the Commodores Inn. Set on beautiful tree-studded grounds, this 30-acre private lakeside setting at the edge of Stowe Village combines the best of all worlds: comfort, modern facilities and old-fashioned Vermont hospitality. After skiing, enjoy the inn's heated indoor swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi, or relax in front of the living room fireplace. The dining room serves plentiful breakfasts and dinners allowing us to make the most of each ski day. As if all this weren't enough, The Inn is just a few minutes by trolley ride from the ski area and the center of the historic village of Stowe, with its white-steepled churches, quaint general stores, antique shops and boutiques. During your stay, you can travel with our group or plan a day on your own using the town trolley to go back and forth.
The $495 per person package deal includes:
• Bus transportation to and from NYC and between lodging and ski venues;
• Double occupancy lodging (we will pair you with a roommate of the same gender if you are on your own, in a room with two beds);
• 3 breakfasts, 2 dinners at the hotel (buffet style, including salad bar, prime rib selection, and dessert for dinner);
• The opportunity to ski/ride for three full days (Sat/Sun/Mon), as we leave on Monday afternoon straight from the Mt. Mansfield base lodge.
• Lunch is not included.
• Lift/Trail passes, equipment rentals, or lesson packages are not included, but can be obtained from us at our group rate discount (about 35% off the on-mountain lift ticket prices). Details are sent to registered participants.
• The $100 price listed on Meetup is the deposit for the trip, as outlined in the Sign-up/Cancellation Policy below.
By signing up, you agree to our cancellation policy which can be found in the Pages section:
Refunds offered if:
Additional notes: By signing up you agree to the signup/cancellation policy shown in https://www.meetup.com/skiclubofnewyork/pages/10876502/Sign_Up_%7C_Cancellation_Policy
Payments you make go to the organizer, not to Meetup. You must make refund requests to the organizer.