addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

SLC Tech Startups Message Board › Travocate.com Technical Co-founder Wanted

Travocate.com Technical Co-founder Wanted

Ryan L.
user 14530506
Sandy, UT
Post #: 1
Hi All,

I'm looking for a technical co-founder to partner with in a start-up this summer. You can view the complete job description here. The website isn't up yet because I figure I'd leave that for the expert. If you want more information, don't hesitate to contact me if you are at all interested in any way (cell - 386.290.5474, email - rleick at avantknight.com). I intend to interview as many people as possible to find the best match. Take care and I hope to hear form you soon.

-Ryan

Technical Co-founder (Salt Lake, UT)

Travocate.com

Travocate.com distributes travel suppliers’ products through an automated self-service platform for online leisure and unmanaged business travelers to efficiently research, book and manage the travel experience. We have assembled a team with years of experience in distribution, marketing and IT on both the supplier and distributor side of the travel industry. Our patent pending intellectual property optimizes the travel search experience in one sophisticated query.

Technical Co-founder

Travocate has the qualification and knowledge to disrupt the travel marketplace but is in need of an individual with a strong programming skill set. We are looking for a technical co-founder to partner with in developing the software platform in exchange for an equity stake in the company. The platform will connect to existing travel distribution infrastructure through an XML API. Travocate plans to use Python for back-end development with a Tornado Web Server front-end utilizing JavaScript for the application. We are seeking entrepreneurial minded individuals with experience developing e-commerce platforms in a start-up environment. Partners must be able to commit at least part-time (20 hours a week) through April and transition to a full time position (40+ hours per week) at our office in the Salt Lake, UT area from May to September.

Job Requirements

The Technical Co-founder will be responsible for front-end development of a transactional prototype interfacing with the XML API. The individual will work side-by-side with partner co-founders and earlyvangelist customers to design, develop, test and iterate the platform. The position will also be responsible for developing a launch and customer engagement website, establishing necessary hardware infrastructure, analyzing data and key metrics, and assisting in the optimization of our proprietary search algorithm.

Skills and Experience

• Working knowledge of XML and Python or similar programming languages required;
  • Ability to understanding project requirements and translate into programming deliverables;
  • Experience with agile software development in a lean start-up venture;
  • Project management skills and experience managing software development;
  • Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities;
  • Ability to execute and deliver to tight guidelines and schedules;
  • Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
  • Willing to ‘go all in’ and host all night hackathons to get the job done;
  • Experience in the travel industry or travel platform development a plus.
  • No degree is required and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.

Contact Information

Please send a resume or contact Ryan Leick at rleick at avantknight.com to discuss the opportunity further.