What we're about
I started this group to target the intermediate and advanced (or even master!) level ukelelists to meet up and do some hardcore jamming. The name "Slickest Strummers" was meant as tongue-twister. If you're fast enough to say it, you gotta have the fingers to go with it. We can share and learn from each other while taking our already awesome skills to the next level!
The vast majority of players in Singapore are "strum & sing" players with no need or desire to play fingerstyle ukulele. Thus, many people in Singapore have a very low-opinion of the instrument, with some seeing it as "inferior". We aim to change all that by putting together an elite group of players from the four corners of this tiny island. With this group, the general perspective of the instrument will be changed and the status of the instrument raised. We are proud of our skills on this small, versatile, amazing and beautiful instrument. Unfortunately, with the current playing standards at an all-time low, the ukulele may be on it's way to a decline in popularity. Help us save this from happening and restore the instrument to it's former glory!
We are an extremely serious but fun group of hardcore FINGERSTYLE uke players, collectors and enthusiasts. Joining this group has its perks because you get to try out different kinds of professional-level, premium-grade ukes and hang out with real uke professionals and experts which enables you to gain deeper knowledge and understanding of the instrument as well as it's playing styles and techniques.
We appreciate if you genuinely meet the following criteria before applying to join as a member:
• Able to read Music&Tab style notation fluently.
• Comfortable playing fingerstyle solos with PIMA fingers.
• Able to at least play a simple chord-melody solo properly.
• Familiar with 8-beats & 16-beats strumming patterns in any order.
• Must have a sincere, deep interest in ukulele instrumentals, not the "strum&sing" only type of person.
• Must know how names like "Jake", "James", "Taimane", "Britnni", "Aldrine", "Kalei", "Herb", "Troy", "Kimo", "Peter", "Daniel" are connected to the ukulele world.
• Must submit a 30 second audio clip of yourself playing a fingerstyle-solo to Joe at: 81576530 via WhatsApp. If we deem you good enough to join the group, we will invite you into our WhatsApp group.
*For a better idea what we are expecting, kindly go to: