Snap Happy: Photography Lover Club for Beginners! Message Board › Pinnacles Weekend Adventure!!!! DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS!
San Francisco, CA
We are getting super psyched for this weekend! Below are the logistics and details for how it's going to all pan out! Please read them carefully. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR RSVPS IF YOU CAN NO LONGER COME!!!
1. Arrival Time: We need to arrive AT THE PARK at 10:15 AM! From San Francisco, the drive is 2 hours & 45 Minutes.
For those of you coming from the city or around the bay area you will need to leave between 6:30 & 7:30 AM to arrive on time. We cannot wait for you because the park gets busy fast.
THERE IS LITTLE OR NO CELL SERVICE ONCE IN THE PARK. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE DIRECTIONS BELOW CAREFULLY AS WE CANNOT HELP YOU IF YOU GET LOST (NO CELL PHONES!)
2. Directions: We will meet at the Pinnacles National Park First and do the hike. After the hike we will head together to the King City Camp Ground for those who are camping.
IMPORTANT: WE ARE MEETING AT THE EASTERN ENTRANCE OFF OF HIGHWAY 101!!! There are 2 separate entrances on opposite ends of the park. IF YOU GO TO THE WRONG ENTRANCE IT IS 1 HOUR AWAY FROM THE EASTERN ENTRANCE AND YOU WILL MISS THE HIKE & ENTIRE DAY.
DO NOT DRIVE 3 HOURS TO MISS THE ENTIRE DAY!!!!!!
AGAIN--WE ARE MEETING AT THE EASTERN ENTRANCE OFF HIGHWAY 101. You will take the exit toward Hollister (ROUTE 25 Off HIGHWAY 101). You will stay on Route 25 the entire way until you get to Route 146 JUST BEFORE THE PARK. Take ROUTE 146 and the park is a few minutes away.
Once inside the park, park your car at the General store & camping permit area (on your left).
DO NOT TAKE 101 all the way down through Soledad. THIS IS WRONG WAY.
**You must take route 25 through Hollister and then on to Route 146.
Google Map Directions are here from SF: http://maps.google.co....
*FOR CAMPERS ONLY: We will depart from the park after the hike together and drive to the King City Campground. The campground is about 45 minutes from the park and right off 101. This makes it easy to shoot up to Monterey on Sunday for wine tasting.
Campground address is: 1160 Broadway Street, King City, CA 93930
3. Costs and Options:
1. Day Hike Only: Come for the day and explore this amazing park with Condors, Bat caves, colored rock formations, unique balanced boulders & cliffs, skylights, underground waterfalls, a high altitude lake, the balconies, tunnels & more!
We will provide up to 2 small bottles of wine per person & hiking poles, snacks, water, juices, etc.
2. 1 Night Camping: For those who want to stay the night in this awesome place and go on a wine adventure the next day we have reserved camping space at King City Camp Ground Outside the park. We have room for roughly 35 campers. We have extra tent space for about 5 campers (MUST EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT TO USE OUR TENT SPACE). The rest will need to bring their own tents, sleeping bags etc.
On Sunday we will have a delicious breakfast somewhere outside the park and head on to some vineyards and wineries towards Monterey Bay. In the afternoon we will head home. PLAN ON ALL DAY AND ARRIVE BACK HOME BETWEEN 4:30 & 7:30 PM
We will provide up to 3 small bottles of wine per person & hiking poles, snacks, water, juices, etc.
Payment: You can pay VIA CASH OR CREDIT CARD ONLY UPON ARRIVAL. (1.00 CREDIT CARD FEE APPLIES)
*Everything above including the campsite fees are included in the cost.
4. What to Bring:
Please bring your own lunch for the day (s) and any food you want not included above. We will be going out for Dinner and Breakfast (for the campers) but feel free to bring your own camp food if you want to stay and eat there.
- BATHING SUITE IF YOU WANT TO SWIM IN THE HIGH ELEVATION LAKE HALFWAY THROUGH THE HIKE.
-Any other camping gear you want to have....
5. What's not included:
Any wine tasting that is not complimentary on Day 2.
Breakfast, lunches, dinners
Hiking gear and equipment
6. HIKE DETAILS: The hike takes 3.5-5 hours and is MODERATE with some steep grades throughout. This hike is NOT EASY BUT NOT VERY HARD EITHER. If you are in decent shape and have hiked before this will be no problem. For the first timers it will be a good workout! We will take our time and never rush!
I (Steve Juba) will not be there for the hike on Saturday. Our hiking guide and leader: TOM BOLD & another hiking leader & Organizer DUNCAN BANKS will be at the parking lot waiting for everyone.
I will be meeting all the campers and camping with those staying for the second day Monterey wine tour on Saturday evening between 7:00-9:00 PM at King City Campground.
Steve Juba: 978 479 4527
Tom Bold: 925 639 2496
Duncan Banks: 415 815 7683
* When you arrive look for Duncan & Tom. Duncan has a large white van. Tom has a teal blue Saturn.
Please find Duncan with the large white van to make your payment and get all the goodies! (wine, snacks, water, etc)
Any questions let me know!!
978 479 4527