Does your current profile include your real name and a recognizable photo of you? (If not, your request to join will be automatically declined.) Keep in mind we meet in our home, so we need to know who you are. Okay?
Welcome to Snider's Sci-Fi Movie Night! This group meets in a home in north metro Atlanta on the 1st Saturday of each month (with occasional exceptions) for a private screening of a classic science fiction film.
Movies are selected by the host, but suggestions are welcome.
* Please Please PLEASE if you RSVP and then discover you can't make it, change your RSVP so those on the wait list won't miss an opportunity to come. (We take a very dim view of no-shows, as some former members can attest.) If you have a significant other who'd also like to participate, please have him/her join this meet-up and RSVP separately. We have very limited space (10 people max), so unanticipated guests will really put a pinch on the seating situation.
* Doors open at 7PM, movie starts at 8PM.
* This is also a potluck, so bring something good to eat or drink to share. We will provide a main dish, plus a couple of bottles of wine and a six-pack of beer.
* A donation of $2 per person is humbly requested to offset the costs associated with this event.
* We try to run a shoeless household, so please leave your shoes in the foyer when you arrive.
* Finally, we have a very fluffy, very friendly cat. So, if you're not a cat person--you've been warned!