A voyage over an emerald sea, past characteristic coves and beaches of snow-white sand … this is Sardinia, an island that strikes its visitors with natural contrasts, the lights and colors of a region that boasts old traditions and a wild and pure nature.
This offer is open all year round.
Situated in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea, Sardinia is a mainly mountainous region, without high peaks, with a vast and charming, yet bittersweet, natural environment. In fact, the presence of man does not seem to affect this territory; great surfaces still preserve their natural composition, luxuriant woods with even millenary trees, small desert areas and marshes inhabited by deer, wild horses and rapacious birds. (Source - http://www.italia.it/en/discover-italy/sardinia.html)
People to People International unites everyday citizens through immersive travel experiences as a gateway to a deeper appreciation of diverse cultures. Through PTPI and our local partners and members, you will experience new perspectives, expand your horizons, and gain access to the local people who create the culture of the community. Through our partner and members, we will arrange one-of-a-kind travel experiences. You can go beyond tourism to connect with local people, local cultures and the many food, wine and traditions that make Sardinia special.
Most people find it easier to make their own travel arrangements to/from Sardinia. Once you have arrived, we take over to offer, conditional on your budget:
· Transport to/from your arrival airport (our team are near Alghero)
· Immersive Italian language courses
· Accommodation to fit your budget and desired experience
· Tours and activities
· Beach stays (optional water sports)
· Student exchange i.e. Erasmus or EVS (European voluntary service)
· Visits to one of our asylum-seeker projects
· Local contact with our PTPI team, for support
What you need to do:
· Your travel arrangements communicated to us
· Health and travel insurance confirmed
· Let us know about any food allergies or medical issues
· Pay the agreed price for the package that has been put together for you in advance
I have a soft spot for Sardinia having lived there for some two and half years way back in the 70’s. Contact me when you are ready to visit Sardinia [masked]
Chalks Corriette (Belgium) – Carlo Sanna (Sardinia)
PTPI Europe asbl