addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

"The New York City Social Networking Meetup Group" Message Board › My Social Networking Presentation to The United Nations Committee on Human S

My Social Networking Presentation to The United Nations Committee on Human Settlements

Andy T.
AndyNYC
Group Organizer
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 197
Hello Everyone:

On Tuesday, January 8 the United Nations Committee on Human Settlements honored me by asking me to give a presentation on Social Networking. I talked extensively about Meetup.com and similar sites that, through the use of technology, allow like minded individuals to connect. Below are a few pics from the event.

With Chair Harold Takooshian

With Vice chair Branislava Saveljic-Balac

A former member
Post #: 18
Hey Andy,

wow, that's cool.
[Wish I could think of a more intelligent comment, but I'm speechless ;-) ]

Even the United Nations have taken notice of Meetup.com :-)

What's that piece of paper you are holding up?

Keep up the good work,

Suzanne
Andy T.
AndyNYC
Group Organizer
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 199
Hi Suzanne:

That is a recognition award presented to me by the committee to thank me for my presentation. They were great people and I enjoyed my time with them.
Tripp
user 2466478
New York, NY
Post #: 1
A very cool recognition of what you do, Andy!

Tripp
A former member
Post #: 227
Hi Andy,
Wow,..this is a tremendous achievement to be speaking to this type of audience on any topic. Andy, you are a man with many smarts and full of wisdom. You throw great parties and live a very happy and heathy lifestyle. Many of us need to pick up your new book and discover some of your secrets. By the way,..congratulations on your new book on maintaining a healthy living and remaining youthful, your brand new 2008 website TastingNYC.com. Also lets not forget the lucky jackpot you hit in Vegas in late 2007. You deserve all this and lots more!
Continued success and health to you my friend!
You are the best!!
Eric
Andy T.
AndyNYC
Group Organizer
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 200
Thanks Suzanne, Tripp and Eric. The three of you are great friends and point out the value of a site like Meetup.com (I don't think I need to include the link.) I met all three of you, and dozens of other great people, right here. I look forward to seeing you, and all of them, again soon!

All the best!

Andy