addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Fort Lauderdale Socrates Cafe Meetup Group Message Board Past Message Board › Why do we think that evolution is as simple as natural selection?

Why do we think that evolution is as simple as natural selection?

A former member
Post #: 9
Human beings are 98% alike on genetic level. It seems that the other 2% make up individuality, skin colors, bone structures and birth rights. I can only pass on 50% of my genetic makeup to my children so why does society expect a parent to care more for a child then a true friend? I personally believe that evolution is a gift from God, but that our soul and ways of thinking are not exempt. Playfully I like to imagine that our souls are like dolphins in an ocean of life, they surface for a short time to contemplate their experiences and then choose where they can do most good next before diving back in. Why do we expect that seemingly random chance of one of the billion sperm meeting with the right egg at the right time is not exactly what that soul was waiting for?
Powered by mvnForum

Our Sponsors

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy