addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Redmond Socrates Cafe Meetup Group Message Board › “Hello, my name is Psychopath.” March 6

“Hello, my name is Psychopath.” March 6

Abby
AbbyinSammamish
Sammamish, WA
Post #: 13
­The East Side Brights Meetup Group
FEATURED MEETUP

Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 7:00 PM

Family Pancake House
17621 Redmond Way, Redmond, WA
(map­)

A psychopath isn't necessarily a killer. Most are not even criminal. How can you see if a person is a psychopath? And what does the psychopath see when he/she looks at you?

The psychopathy subject is an immensely important one with vast implications for society. The damage that psychopaths cause to the global economy, and human civilization in general, is incalculable. The pain and suffering that they inflict on individuals is beyond measure.

There is, however, no reason why information on the topic cannot be presented in an entertaining manner. That will be Abby's ambition as she shares information and insights relating to psychopathy; including characteristics and definitions, common misperceptions, causes, diagnostic methods, scientific discoveries, crime and violence, intervention, impact on society and the world, cultural issues, individual stories, and ethical aspects.

The presentation will be followed by questions and a moderated discussion.

This site features the excellent video "Defense Against the Psychopath" along with an array of shorter articles and links to more information: ­Got.to/stop.psychopaths­

With an academic background in Europe including sociology, and an international past, Abby has studied cultural cause and effect on human perception and behavior in widely varied settings. She is now settled in the Pacific Northwest for over a decade.

Please come, and bring a friend!!!

This link will transport you to the Brights’ web page for this event:
­“Hello, my name is Psychopath.”
Samuel M.
Dataphile
Bothell, WA
Post #: 6
The way this is written is painfully reminiscent of the demonization of sufferers of mental illness.
Abby
AbbyinSammamish
Sammamish, WA
Post #: 15
Please attend my presentation! The topic is of extreme importance. My goal is to inform—without prejudice—and to inspire discussion. You are welcome to question.

The way this is written is painfully reminiscent of the demonization of sufferers of mental illness.

Samuel M.
Dataphile
Bothell, WA
Post #: 7
Please attend my presentation! The topic is of extreme importance. My goal is to inform—without prejudice—and to inspire discussion. You are welcome to question.

I completely agree. I'd attend if I were able to, but, unfortunately, I have a class in Bellevue that doesn't end until 7:40. :(

What does that mean?

(For clarification's sake, I don't doubt your motives or credibility. It's just that your opening paragraph has presumably unintentional undertones of scaremongering - I read it as "People you know may actually be psychopaths! I will teach you how to identify them to protect yourself!")
Abby
AbbyinSammamish
Sammamish, WA
Post #: 19
Each who reads will have their own interpretation.

You are welcome to join the discussion if the show is over when you arrive!