addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Seattle Software Development Study Group Message Board › One week to go, our first course selected.

One week to go, our first course selected.

Gil C.
user 36916942
Seattle, WA
Thanks to those who responded with your course preferences. 

Looking at the responses I got, it seems like the main interests are: Advanced HTML5, JavaScript (advanced topics & patterns) & JQuery (especially UI).  One course that touches all of those topics (in addition to css and less, which some of you indicated interest in) is "Single Page Apps with HTML5, Web API, Knockout and jQuery" (Thanks Jack for pointing it out). 

Here's he link to the course details: http://pluralsight.com/training/courses/TableOfContents?courseName=spa&highlight=john-papa_spa-m5-the-single-page*2,1#spa-m5-the-single-page­

As you can probably guess, we will not be going through the entire course in one go.  We will go over the general format of the study group on Monday, but  in short, we will watch about 45 minutes to 1 hour of the course material, followed up by exercise and discussion time.  This being our first meeting we might be slow to start, but we'll go through the first hour of the course at the very least.

There are some folks that have indicated preferences in subjects that will not be covered in this first course (I'm one of them).  We'll get to those courses in time, I promise.  In the mean time, I hope you still join us.  If you happen to be a Jedi Master in these first topics, come along, we can certainly learn from your experience.

Hey, did you notice we have an official logo now? :)

See you Monday

Gil