addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

South BayGeo Meetup Message Board › Web 3.0 Augmented Reality Big Dissappointment

Web 3.0 Augmented Reality Big Dissappointment

A former member
Post #: 1
This looked so interesting that I left another meeting early to attend.
When I got to the Fairmont Hotel I really regretted it because my name wasn't showing up in the list and the folks at the door were demanding a surprise $40 payment. When I RSVP'd for this there was no mention of a fee.
No way would I fork over when I heard the chatter from inside.
I'll be more careful with Web map Social Meetups next time.
At least it was a nice walk up and down Nob Hill!
Alec D.
user 2923437
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 1
Kasey --

Very sorry about your disappointing experience. Though announced via the WebMapSocial meetup list, this event was not an "official" WebMapSocial event. It seems that the Meetup system option to allow non-Organizers to post notices of meetups was defaulted to open. We've closed this option now to prevent this sort of confusion in the future.

We do hope that you'll consider attending a real WebMapSocial meetup. And rest assured there will be no unannounced surprise fees or charges :-).

Thanks for being a member!

Best Regards,
Alec
WebMapSocial Organizer