This Meetup was canceled.
This is a hike as long as beautiful, away from the most typical routes in Madrid. From the mountain town of Miraflores de la Sierra, up to the peak of La Najarra and its GORGEOUS views, on a loop through the Puerto de la Morcuera. Vast forests, creeks and pretty white landscape up top on the peak. We'll stop next to an old mountain hut for lunch.
THE HIKE - SPECS
· DISTANCE: 18km
· DURATION: 6h (with stops for rest, eat, photos, etc)
· TYPE: Circular (loop)
· DIFFICULTY: The hike is ranked as MEDIUM + by the rating of the following criteria:
- Incline (medium-hard): There's about 1 hour and a half where we'll attack an 800 m uphill until La Najarra peak, so not specially steep but continuous gradual uphill walking for a while
- Lengh (medium long)
- Time (Long)
- Terrain (Medium): Mainly wide trails and well kept narrower paths, could be slippery due to some little rocks and gravel on the last bit to the peak, and maybe a patch of sow here and there at the very end, but nothing sifnificant.
As always, remember this is an sporty activity after all, so be ready to work your legs and your heart a bit!
• Route's organization and personal attention (email, whatsapp, tel)
• Route's leader Valentina (speaks English, Spanish)
• Mid morning snack and drink
• Liability and accident insurance (both for Spain's residents and non-residents)
REMEMBER TO POST YOUR CAR SPOT AVAILABILITY BY LEAVING A MESSAGE ON THE WALL OF THIS ACTIVITY
Before the hike Carmen[masked]
The day of the hike Valentina[masked]
HOW TO GET THERE
Remember metro runs a lot less frequently on weekends and you need also time to find the correct quay so make sure you leave home with PLENTY OF TIME!
• BY CAR - Meeting point (it's a bus stop in Miraflores de la Sierra) https://goo.gl/maps/jJcHqxis7CL2 at 10:30 am
• BY BUS: Valentina will be riding with you. We'll meet at 9:15 maximum, to take the 9:30 am #725 bus from Intercambiador Plaza de Castilla (Nivel 3 - Isla 2 - Andén 28) to Miraflores de la Sierra and get off at the bus stop in the middle of town in Miraflores (bus stop is called Centro Social)
WHAT TO BRING
- Your lunch
- A bottle of 1,5L water per person. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING THIS, it's very important. Water can't be shared, every drink we take from someone else is one drink that person won't have!
- Hiking shoes or running shoes
- Fleece or warm sweatshirt in case it gets chilly on the top
- A windproof light jacket that you an put inside your bag or tied up to your waist
ABOUT THE HIKES
Some of the hikes have been previously done by organizers and some others we're all exploring together for the first time. That's why most of the times we go on hikes no one else does yeahhh :)
The guide will make sure we all get to our destination safely and in time, but keep in mind that this is not a guided tourist walk, this is an adventure. We'll be stopping frequently to check our position and redirect the route if neccesary.
Please note that, although covered by our insurance, everyone is responsable for their own actions and behaviour, no jumping off cliffs head first please!!! :)
End time is approx since hiking, unlike a train ride, depends on the group's slowest person and any other circumstances we find along the way.