Looking for like-minded trail-loving runners (mainly) but also for hikers/cross-country skiers/snowshoers to experience the beautiful Squamish area trails with for events anywhere from 45 minutes up to several hours long? This group is social, not for training. We will be active together as much as possible so people can chat, and don't get lost/left behind on the massive network of trails. In order to run/hike/ski etc together and have the group stay together, there will be recommended paces/fitness levels for runs. I'm excited to bring together new runners and seasoned runners alike!
“No Fees, No Aid, No Awards, No Whining”
A Fat Ass isn't a race, it's a glorified group run :) The idea of the series is to pre-run the courses of our amazing Squamish trail races, followed by some sort of a social. And is someone happens to volunteer as a timekeeper... well that's just bonus!
I'd love some input on the logistics (please reply in the comments below)
- Saturday or Sunday?
- Weekly, Bi-weekly or Monthly?
- Go in order of distance, or alternate between shorter and longer races?
- Am I missing any runs?
- Is there interest in longer runs?
Here are the races I've identified so far:
- MEC Smoke Bluffs 5 and 10 km
- Loop the Lakes 8, 15 and 21 km
- 5 Peaks Alice Lake 9 and 11 km
- Shannon Basin 10 km
- Sky Pilot 14 and 22 km
- Squamish 23 km
- Rubble Creek 25 km (ok... not exactly Squamish)