There are plenty of meetups where you can listen to an inspiring talk, but to be honest, the networking at those event always comes second.
We've been missing a meetup that has building our businesses and getting contacts as priority #1. The fact of the matter is that we're running companies, not non-profits. And even non-profits need to make money and get good contacts to move them forward.
Finally, here it is
Startup Cabin is all about giving value to entrepreneurs who have an ongoing business. That is why we are going to hold business lunches every last Thursday of the month. We will reserve a special space for us at a restaurant in the city to make it easy for everyone.
*And to be sure that you get the most value from this time, we will review each attendee to be sure that everyone present has a business and network that can help your own business.
What we'll do
• Meet in the city for lunch.
• You'll present your company to the group with a 30 second pitch.
• You'll present your "search". Asking for help with a specific contact or service you need for your company right now. It might be someone who can edit video for you, contacts to journalists on a specific magazine, a good sales company, an investor or a marketer.
• You have the possibility to book 30 minute Open Office Hours with business advisors in branding, marketing, sales and finance from the Startup Cabin partners and mentors.
11:45 - Arrive and order our food
12:00 - Begin presenting our companies and searches.
13:20 - Final questions and closing thoughts from your organizers
13:45 - Leave restaurant more connected and with greater clarity on how to grow your business!
Why should you attend?
1. One of the number one thing entrepreneurs suck at is presenting their company. Going to our Entrepreneurs lunches gives you the opportunity to practise over and over again with like minded entrepreneurs. Together we will rock at presenting our companies!
2. You won't waste time on listening to speakers when you're really here to network and find good people to collaborate with.
3. Our policy does not allow hangarounds.
4. The attendees are actual entrepreneurs that you can get equal value from.
5. Held during lunchtime and in a time-efficient schedule to give you the most in the least amount of time and when you're still energized. For you who have kids at home this is also more convenient instead of after hours meetups.
Why do we charge for this event?
1. We don't work for free. No one should :)
2. Just having a SEK attached to it, makes hangarounds not want to come (because they expect everything to be for free, even your services).
3. It's a way to push the level of commitment up a notch for everyone joining. You simply engage more if you've invested something.