HNY, Starters!!!! We're setting the bar dangerously high with 2015's inaugural Meetup... we have some amazing local women starters and one internationally renowned entrepreneur/radio host kicking us off for the new year. We're friggin hyped!! :D
Let's pack the house. We have space for 60 - so RSVP quickly!!!
We'll start the night hearing from some great local women entrepreneurs including the fantastic Melody Shacter, Jessie Shternshus, and Elizabeth Pampalone who'll share the great highs and woes of working in our fair city.
• Melody Shacter has put together many companies in multiple industries ranging from healthcare to homebuilding. She built these from the ground up, put together great teams, and made an impact on a large part of the local community. You may recognize her from WJCT with some initiatives she helps with or even know her from her campaign for City Council. Either way, she builds great companies and knows how to make things happen in the Jacksonville landscape.
• Jessie Shternshus is the founder of the Improv Effect, which she's been running since 2007. She is known locally as a great networker and hilarious teambuilder, but worldwide she is known for turning some of the best known brands culture on their heads with her workshops. She's worked with Groupon, Fidelity Investments, Johnson & Johnson, Getty Images, and Crayola. Over the past years she's grown a team, business, and a family that all have huge smiles on their faces.
• Elizabeth Pampalone came to Jacksonville 7 years ago as a software developer. She's started multiple businesses such as The Jax Computer Chic, and has a passion to see more businesses succeed by using technology to increase profits. In a recent Jacksonville Business Journal article, she was named "Jacksonville's Networking Queen" so she's someone you definitely need to meet.
• We'll wrap-up the evening with a Skype call from Mr. Alex Blumberg; world renowned radio producer for This American Life, Planet Money, and founder of Gimlet Media/Startup Podcast all of which are the top podcasts in the world. He'll be sharing his experience starting up his company and how the podcast is helping startups launch (he has some things in the works for Season 2 of the show - it's not to miss). In the last 3 months he's raised $1.5 million and recorded the whole experience - Listen to the first show where he pitches billionaire Chris Sacca who tears him apart with some awesome advice. https://soundcloud.com/hearstartup/1-how-not-to-pitch-a-billionaire
Ignite's Catalyst Program will be sponsoring the beer and pizza this month...so woohoo!!! It should help get the networking and learning juices flowing.
Flow for the night:
• 6:30-7:00 - Beer-Pizza/Networking
• 7:00-9:00 - Speakers
• 9:00-9:30 - Beer/Networking
Come out to Ignite, learn something, and let's help the ones around us.