It's on like DonkeyKong for the first annual #StartupJax+JaxCOE pitch competition!
Pitching is a critical skill for any entrepreneur, but one that is hard to really get right. We're providing the opportunity for 4 select #StartupJax and JaxCOE members to show off their skills and get true feedback from their peers...you!
We've invited two new local angel investors, along with our own Al Emerick, to be our judges along with attendees rating pitches from clarity of message, innovative idea and funding potential. Each person will have 15 minutes total, 5 minutes to pitch and 10 minutes of Q&A from the audience and judges.
The winner as agreed by the judges will receive two tickets to the conference and a free booth to promote their business at the 2015 JaxCOE Jacksonville Innovation Connection Conference October 23rd! (learn more at www.jaxcoe.org/conference)
The presenters for the night:
- Justin Zhou - IvyCreativeLabs
- Vince Wallace - Kennected
- Micheal DelCharco - BedderCovers
- Bill Guiney - Artic Solar
Agenda for the night:
- 6:00 - Attendees will arrive and have a chance to network until about 6:30pm
- 6:30 - We'll kickoff the meetup with a few minutes of introductions from the leaders of #StartupJax
- 6:40 - Presenter 1 - 5mins to present 10mins Q/A
- 6:55 - Presenter 2 - 5mins to present 10mins Q/A
- 7:10 - Presenter 3 - 5mins to present 10mins Q/A
- 7:25 - Presenter 4 - 5mins to present 10mins Q/A
- 7:40 - Closing/Networking
We hope you'll come out and support your fellow entrepreneurs and maybe pick up some tips on giving a great pitch.
As always, Ignite will be providing pizza and beer, so come out and support the ones around us.