What we're about
This group is all about members getting together to have fun and laughter. Emphasis on socialising and making new friends. We welcome members of all ages however the majority of members are aged over 50 years old. Our social activities could include meeting for coffee or a drink, eating out, pub nights, live music, dancing, theme nights, cinema, theatre, comedy, arts & crafts, day trips, race days, bowling, quiz nights, games, book club, walks, picnics, afternoon tea, escape rooms, footgolf, bike rides and other outdoor events.
We welcome all ideas. Events can be daytime, evening, midweek or weekends. Members are also encouraged to host events. The more event hosts we have the more events there will be for you to attend. Contact the organiser if you are interested to discuss further.
If you or any guest have Covid-19 symptoms before the event, do not attend but as usual let the host know you can't make it. If you or any guest have Covid-19 symptoms in the 48 hours after the event, please let Paula know as we need to contact everyone on the event to let them know.
Please make sure you read the event details before attending, and follow any rules that the venue has as well.
We want members to be active but understand that you might be unsure about coming to your first event. If so, please message the event host and ask them to meet you at the door. New members MUST attend an event within three months of joining or risk being removed.
RULES AND GUIDELINES
ONLY APPLY TO JOIN IF YOU HAVE HAD ALL OF YOUR COVID VACINATIONS.
1. JOINING: Please have a recent photograph and at least your interests unhidden. It is at the Organisers discretion regarding approved or declined. If declined no reason is necessary.
2. PHOTOGRAPH: To join/remain in the group you must have a recent photograph of you (but no other people in) that clearly shows your face and eyes. This is very important because it helps us spot you at your first events and also increases the trust and security within the group.
3. FEE: Membership fees are FREE til end of December 2021. Therefore, from 1st January 2022 the fees will be £5.00 per annum and is payable to Paula (organiser) (details on request). New members joining from 1st January 2022 will be required to pay membership fees within 7 days of joining and should contact the organiser for payment details. This covers the twice-yearly charges we have to pay meetup.com, and any costs incurred in preparing for events. Money not required for the running of the group is put towards something like a group Christmas party.
4. RESPECT: We expect everybody to treat others with respect. This includes members behaving in an appropriate manner at events, especially at venues that we regularly go to. You represent the group there.
Please also note that we might not reply to your messages on events immediately due to life happening. Please allow at least 48 hours before expecting a reply.
RESPECT EVENT HOSTS: Event hosts are volunteers. They put in lots of work before the event happens. Please ensure you have checked your diaries before you make a firm booking of RSVPing yes. Continuously cancelling last minute or not showing up at all is not respectful to the event host. If you change your plans please let the host know and also remember they may not have internet access at the venue. Don't look at the event and say "oh, there's others who will go". YOU are responsible for your own RSVP. After all, the others might decide to not turn up as well! 3 no shows and you will be removed from the group.
We only need to know if you are going to an event. The “not going” tab is for members whom cancel after rsvping yes.
5. EVENT CHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS: Please check the Meetup site at least 12 hours in advance of your chosen event time. While event hosts will try to keep to the timings announced, events can get cancelled or moved due to circumstances outside our control, and the only way to contact you might be through Meetup. In addition, timings might not be known at the time the event is published, and some outdoor events are weather dependent.
6. AGE: This group has events to suit people of all ages. Due to health and safety, events are for adults over 18 only unless the event states 'Children Welcome'. Please talk to the event host if you are unsure.
7. IS THIS GROUP ONLY FOR SINGLES? No, our Membership includes singles and those who are in a relationship.
8. DEPOSITS: Some events require a deposit to secure your place. If this applies and you cannot attend for a genuine reason the event will say what happens to the deposit. If a member continuously cancels last minute the deposit may be put in group funds instead. If the event is cancelled then deposits will be refunded. This might take time if the venue cancels the event and already has the money. If you have been asked for your deposit and you have not sent it in the time stated, you maybe removed from the event.
9. NAMES: We have many duplicate names. We request that you put your surname initial (remembering that your name will be changed in every meetup group you are in) so that we know who payments are from.
10. BEHAVIOUR: Last but by far not least we will not tolerate any abusive threatening behaviour to organisers, hosts and members whether by text, phone or in person also if a member has a criminal conviction that was of a violent or dangerous crime that could affect the safety of members you will be removed.
Anyone who does not comply or frequently disregards details on this page may be removed from the group.
** Subject to change at the Organisers discretion.
Upcoming events (4+)
Past events (97)
This content is available only to members