addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Story Games Olympia Message Board General Discussion › That Burning Feeling

That Burning Feeling

Gary M
madu.games
Olympia, WA
Post #: 10
Ross, your 5-session thing really seemed to work well. My thought for Burning Empires was to try to duplicate that - one phase in 5 sessions. If one side or the other gets trounced in a couple sessions, or it turns out that 5 isn't enough for a full phase, then maybe we can be a little flexible on the exact number.
Gary M
madu.games
Olympia, WA
Post #: 11
So what's a good date and time for this?

I'll print up some materials this weekend and at least get that prep stuff out of the way.

Morgan
Mathalus
Olympia, WA
Post #: 34
Can we run the demo scenario at a meetup to increase the overall familiarity of the group?
Gary M
madu.games
Olympia, WA
Post #: 12
I don't see why not. I guess that means I have to show up on a Thursday.

Hmm.

Edit: Eugh, Omac. I'd forgotten how bland it is. Maybe I'll put something together modeled on that.
Edit edit: Only less... whatever it is that makes me dislike that demo. You know what? It's the bears. I don't like the bears. Or the science.
Morgan
Mathalus
Olympia, WA
Post #: 35
I hate all BW scenarios with bears. Hochen? More like Bear-oken, amirite?

I know it will push back the start of the campaign a bit, but everyday I grow stronger.
Gary M
madu.games
Olympia, WA
Post #: 13
I'm putting together a single-maneuver demo, with the intent of hitting (what I think are) the high notes of BE - treachery, family complications, some light sex and violence, and of course worms in people's heads. To be trotted out and put through its paces on the 14th, provisionally, unless domestic responsibilities prevent interested parties from attending that Thursday.