addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Story Games Olympia Message Board What We Played › "Astrobot attacks Retro Neo Osaka!" (Follow)

"Astrobot attacks Retro Neo Osaka!" (Follow)

Caroline
user 11624621
Olympia, WA
Post #: 96
What: Follow, The Dragon quest
Who: Kai, Tyrone, Caroline, Veles, Marc

Oh. Em. Gee.

Astrobot, a giant military robot, was created to fight in the war, but when the war ended, it turned on its makers!

We had some *pretty awesome* everything.

So get this-- Astrobot was invented by Dr. Nobunaga (Veles' character) based off of the stolen plans of Dr. Kento (Marc's character). We had some great "I need forgiveness" set-up going there, and Dr. Nobunaga's humble apologies throughout the game were so excellent. And then no one would believe him that he wasn't the real inventor--so good! And then his hot assistant steals his plans *again!* Jeez. No wonder Dr. Kento worked against the fellowship in the end....

When our first challenge was "Raise an army", I was super stoked to be the main character who was picked to start dealing with it. Me as the 10-year-old plucky kid genius Tobe. In fact, me and my 15-year-old buddy Billy Yoshida (Tyrone's character) were pretty much the only characters to get serious about the quest. Too bad about Billy biting that red chip at the end though...

Some other excellent moments were when Chuck Steak (Tyrone's minor character--and can we all take a moment to appreciate the glory of that name?) bit the betrayal bullet by pulling the Americans out at the last minute.

And that scene where Ryu (Kai's character) tried to take care of his dad, Dr. Kento? And dad just said, "despite not being a scientist, I'm proud of you"?? And in the end naming his new dog after his now dead father??? Ahhh this game was just too good!

Thank you all for the fantastic game! 5 players can feel like a lot, but I think we did a pretty good job of keeping up the pace.

Oh! And to the 10-year-old who idolized him:
Dr. Nobunaga "I could never recommend science. To anyone."
Veles
Tulpa
Olympia, WA
Post #: 1
So many good running jokes in this game. Dr. Kento's diet seemingly consisted entirely of seaweed and cigarettes. No wonder he was so warped.