An Introduction to Storytelling
“We are, as a species, addicted to story. Even when the body goes to sleep, the mind stays up all night, telling itself stories.” – Jonathan Gottschall, The Storytelling Animal
Storytelling is our oldest technology. It is a powerful engine of expression, connection, education and enjoyment. And anyone can learn to improve their storytelling skills.
This 60-minute introductory session will help participants understand why stories are so powerful, and learn how to recognize and enhance the stories in our own lives.
### In 60 interactive minutes we’ll
- Look at the essentials of storytelling
- Understand why storytelling matters
- Practice some fundamental storytelling skills
### By the end of the workshop you’ll have
- An understanding of essential story structure
- Insights into what makes stories such an effective communication technology
- Strengthened your own storytelling skills