addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Rhode Island Sushi Meetup Group Message Board › Sushi meetup: MIZU (Warwick), Thu, Jul 12, 7:00pm

Sushi meetup: MIZU (Warwick), Thu, Jul 12, 7:00pm

Zigamorph
zigamorph
Group Organizer
Providence, RI
We're trying a new place this month, but it's at a location that may be familiar to many of you. In typical Rhode Island fashion, I'll explain that the venue many years ago used to be the Golden Pacific, one of my favorite Americanized Chinese restaurants when I was a kid going out to dinner with my parents. I'm not sure how long ago the Golden Pacific closed, but the venue went through a few other incarnations, most notably as the Brickyard, a rather odd sports bar with a stock car racing theme. ("The Brickyard" is the nickname for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and the annual stock car race there is called the "Brickyard 400.")

The restaurant is fairly easy to find although a bit off the highway, not too far from the Meadowbrook Plaza where the movie theater famously ran "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" for about 600 midnight screenings over a couple of decades. Alas, that movie theater is now the parking lot for a Stop and Shop supermarket.

Before I reduce everyone who knows Warwick to blubbering nostalgia, I'll get on with the important information.

For more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/sushi-ri/events/60601952/­

When: Thursday, July 12, 2012 7:00 PM

Where: Mizu Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar & Bar
2276 Warwick Avenue (RI-117)
Warwick, RI 02889

Directions:

I-95 to Exit 13 onto the Airport Connector, then 2nd exit onto Post Road (US-1). At end of ramp, turn left onto Post Road northbound. Continue 0.7 miles through several traffic lights, then at a major intersection turn right onto Airport Rd eastbound (wrapping around the IHOP). Continue 1.5 miles, then at another major intersection (Hoxsie Four Corners) turn right onto Warwick Ave (RI-117) southbound (wrapping around the Dave's IGA supermarket). In 1.3 miles, the restaurant will be on your left.

The RIPTA 3 bus goes directly past the restaurant, departing Kennedy Plaza from Berth G at 6:16pm and arriving at 6:48pm.

This Meetup repeats on the 2nd Thursday of every month.

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)

You can always get in touch with me through my group profile on Meetup.