Interested in community gardens?
Make sure you don't miss this lightening-speed tour of some of San Diego's best community gardens. We will meet at the first garden (Golden Hill Community Garden at 2pm) and then carpool to the other locations, making a loop and ending back up at the first spot. The whole tour will take about 3 hours, we will visit 5 community gardens, and spend about 20-25 minutes at each garden. (Due to the way each garden operates, some may be locked and we may have to see them through the fence. Others do not have fences.)
This is a great opportunity to visit some existing community gardens, to get ideas for your own home or community garden, to have fun, and to take some pictures along the way.
Here is the agenda:
1. 2pm - 230pm Golden Hill Community Garden - 2440 Russ Boulevard, San Diego 92102
2. 240pm - 3pm Juniper-Front Community Garden - 2260 Front Street, San Diego 92101
3. 3:10 - 345pm Ocean Beach Community Garden - Collier Park, NW corner, 2351 Soto Street, San Diego 92107
4. 355pm - 415pm The Orchard Community Garden - 4040 Hancock Street, San Diego 92110
5. 425pm - 445pm Pacific Beach Community Garden - Shasta & Roosevelt Streets, San Diego 92109
Back to Golden Hill Community Garden at 5pm
FYI: Here is a longer list of community gardens in the San Diego area: http://www.sandiegoro...