addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

San Diego Sustainable Development Meetup Group Message Board › Raise produce and tilapia. Workshop April 11, 1-4p.m

Raise produce and tilapia. Workshop April 11, 1-4p.m

Britt C.
user 11805074
San Diego, CA
Post #: 3
Commercial Urban Farming & Aquaponics
Market Strategies for Raising Tilapia and Produce

Sunday, April 11, 2010, 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.

Attendees will set up a commercial quality support system for tilapia and learn the basics of growing commercial quality produce in water.

Register by email to: sustainableworkshops @

Can I raise TILAPIA and sell them commercially?
Can I raise greens and vegetables hydroponically and earn money from my system?

If you have ever pondered these questions, here is a workshop for you. Learn “how to” with a hands-on, two-in-one workshop.
1. Build a tilapia system to grow organic fish for sales to restaurants and markets.
2. Build a hydroponic system to grow organic greens and vegetables for the commercial market.

Location: a private home to set up the resident’s urban farming tilapia and hydroponic systems
WORKSHOP FEE: $100.00 Reserve Early—Seating is limited
Presented by: Tilapia Mama and Britt Cool of San Diego Water Recycling