Silicon Valley MySQL Group Message Board › Exceptional opportunity | San Jose | 6++ month contract | MySQL DBA
|A former member||
Our San Jose start-up client has an immediate need for a MySQL (5.1) DBA to support our development, QA and production databases in a LAMP environment. This is a 6++ month contract opportumity.
This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor and make a significant contribution at a fast-growing company with the financial backing of a Global 500 company. As part of the Web Services team, you will provide 24x7 database support while working closely with the software developers on team.
• 5 years of MySQL DBA experience within a LINUX environment for an enterprise application.
• Strong knowledge of MySQL best practices.
• Responsible for performance tuning/optimization including query optimization, developing indexing strategies, cache and buffer tuning.
• Experience with MySQL replication and high availability.
• Manage database updates and deploy changes for on-going releases.
• Manage backup and recovery of our production database environment.
• Responsible for monitoring, scaling and security.
• Experience with PostgreSQL, Oracle and NOSQL databases a plus.
• Knowledge of PHP5, C# and Python a plus.
• Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Are you available? Please send your most current resume to Coleen at ckane at mbg dot com and reference JO#CK6210MySQL
If you aren't available, please feel free to pass this information along to someone who may be looking. We do offer an attractive referral bonus!
Best in 2012!