addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Eastside Gals Swap Meetup Group Message Board The Utica Swap Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Location change for Jan. 19 plus more details

Location change for Jan. 19 plus more details

Donna Smallin K.
user 32808982
San Diego, CA
Swappers,

We have 19 gals registered to attend our first swap on January 19 from 7-9pm in Shelby Township and I can't wait!

The party was getting too big for my home, so I searched and searched and found a terrific little room - at no charge! - at the Shelby Twp Senior Citizens Center:

51670 Van Dyke @ 23 1/2 Mile Rd @ the light - drive around to the back and enter from the rear - 2nd door on the left - the Card Room.

We will have a fair amount of room to display our goods. There are some tall cabinets that we can open and hang items over the top of the doors. There's even this doohickey with 3 mannequin heads for displaying scarves, hats, and necklaces. How cool is that?

There's no microwave or oven, so whatever you decide to bring for a light dinner snack to share, keep that in mind. Suggestions: little sandwiches all made up (or deli meat and cheese, condiments, and rolls), your favorite party appetizer, cheese & crackers, cut-up fruit, salad, cookies or brownies. Everyone will be bringing something to share, so you don't need to bring a lot; ex., 5 little sandwiches cut into quarters would be one each for 20 people plus one of 19 other items - that's plenty, right?

I will have coffee, tea and bottled water available for a donation of $1 each which will go toward the monthly meetup organization fee I pay as the organizer. I will donate paper plates, cups, silverware and napkins for this event.

One last thing: please limit the number of items you bring to no more than you can display nicely on a card size table (about one box or large bag) plus no more than 2 dozen hanging items. For each item you bring, you will receive one ticket that you can "spend" on items from other swappers. All items must be clean and in good condition.

Questions? Comments? Please post to the discussion board. Thanks!

Happy day,

Donna