An introduction to building API clients and servers which can evolve independently. This talk will cover connecting to an API without upfront knowledge about any implementation details such as URIs, HTTP "verbs" and content types but instead an understanding of the semantic meaning of what the API does. By leaning controls on the fly, we can allow a client and server to change independently over time.
About your Speaker, Kyle Fuller
Kyle Fuller started developing Swift the very day it was announced and he hasn’t looked back since. He’s an active contributor in the open-source Swift scene and the technical lead behind CocoaPods -- The Dependency manager for Cocoa. By day he focuses on API Blueprint, an API description language at Apiary.
6:30-7pm: Pizza and sodas. (No alcohol will be served at this meetup, but we will have a variety of non-alcoholic drinks)
7pm: Talk + Q & A
Please enter Groupon through the visitor entrance (This is the South entrance, the side with the much larger parking lot).
The talk is in the classroom just past the reception desk.
• Free parking at the Groupon parking lot at 3101 Park Blvd.
• 5-7 minute walk from Caltrain “California Ave.” station.
• No bike racks available. You can bring your bike into the building if you need and lock it to itself.
Special Thanks to our Sponsors:
* Groupon Engineering (https://engineering.groupon.com/) for hosting!
* Realm (http://realm.io/) for organizing and providing pizza & drinks.