WARNING: This is not your traditional Golf League! Most, but not all of us are just beginners in golf, women who admittedly just want some girl time come Sunday afternoon, have no shame in having at least three cocktails on the course and are thrilled about golfing solely on the premises of meeting new sassy women and acquiring a tan. Oh, and not having our husbands/boyfriends/fathers grunt at us when we hit the ball only 20 yards because we apparently aren't listening ; ).
SWING (Savvy Women in Need of Golf) is a traveling ladies golf league that firmly believes in fashionably growing the game one happy hour at a time and that golf doesn’t have to be serious to be seriously addicting.
MISSION: Our mission is to grow the female presence in the game of golf. Our events create a welcoming atmosphere for women of all ages to learn the game and find a home on the course where other ladies leagues have not been a fit. We focus on building relationships while enjoying the game in a non-competitive, relaxed atmosphere. The relationships formed on the golf course and the skills learned allow women to feel comfortable playing socially and for networking and business.
SWING CODE OF CONDUCT:
1) Be open to playing with other SWING members. Introduce yourself to new faces at events and make everyone feel welcome.
2) Be supportive of participants if they are not your level. Feel free to provide advice, if prompted. You can learn so much from your golf partners.
3) Do not be overly competitive. This league is about fun and not about your score or winning. There are plenty of competitive leagues if you want that atmosphere.
4) Exercise SWING etiquette when playing. While we like to have fun at all times, do not walk in someone’s line while putting or talk during someone’s tee-off.
5) Abide by the rules of pace of play, no more than 10-15 minutes per hole.
6) SWING reserves the right to remove participants from events and future participation if they do not follow SWING rules of conduct.
All of our events have some theme so please do your best and show your SWING spirit and DRESS UP. This creates a feeling of camaraderie on the course and makes us easily identifiable :).
Participants and guests for 9 hole tournaments will pay per event in ADVANCE effective 1/1/16. You can RSVP on meetup.com, but you will NOT have reserved your spot until you have purchased a ticket on the Eventbrite/Paypal link that will be included on the event announcement.
Event organizer will assign all foursomes before the event. Requests to play with a specific member may be made, but not guaranteed. Remember, we want to meet new friends! No changes will be made on the day of the event. Cancellations within 72 hours and no shows will NOT be refunded.