addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sydney Americans Message Board › College Football

College Football

Joshua M.
user 16898321
Sydney, AU
Post #: 1
Hi everyone,

Anyone on here have plans for the upcoming season? My Iowa Hawkeyes are not favored to do much this year which means they'll probably win the big ten this year.

Unfortunately I won't be getting an Internet connection at home anytime soon and am hoping some of you will be arranging meetups for some of the games. I can bring along drinks or food.

Josh
A former member
Post #: 2
BIG TEN!!!! Yes, i'm in if you find a spot to watch the games!
A former member
I am a HUGE Auburn fan so let me know if you find a place to watch the games!
A former member
I need to watch my Huskers in the Big Ten this year. Let me know if anyone is getting together for the game or has a place to watch it. I've been looking for options online - anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Nicole
A former member
Hey, I would be interested as well in watching some college football. I am a die hard Irish and Bruins (MBA) fan... Please let me know as well.

Cheers -
Anthony
Julia S.
user 16468511
Sydney, AU
I'm a diehard Texas Longhorn/college football fan and would love to watch NCAA football with fans.
A former member
I've been trying to solve this problem for a couple of years and not had too much luck. I'm aware of the following not-so-good solutions:
0) hope pre-recorded games will be played on (e.g.) Foxtel at some point in the future
1) watch avatars bounce around (live-ish) on ESPN.com's GameTracker
2) listen to internet streams of US radio stations that cover the game. (I love you, KGO!)
3) if the game is televised in the US, get someone in the US to share it (e.g.) via ustream.tv
4) cstv.com's All-Access -- a products of CBS Sports -- sells PPV games, team season and conference season subscriptions, but they only guarantee audio streams. Furthermore, because they are jockeying for rights with other TV stations, they don't know more than a day or two in advance if they'll offer video. (Not good if you're trying to plan a tailgate/BBQ/booze-up.)

ESPN3 seems to require that you have cable/DSL/TV service through a particular set of US providers... There are a few TV streaming services out there, but none look very good IMHO, and you'd have to find out which broadcasters were showing the game you're interested in; again, this is a problem if you're planning a tailgate.

So if there are any tech. savvy entrepreneurs who are reading this (and may be willing to infringe on a copyright or two), there's a market...

Go (Cal) Bears!
-Billy
Joshua M.
user 16898321
Sydney, AU
In terms of Big Ten football, the new thing they're doing this year is btn2go. So long as anyone over here has Internet or an iPhone, there's a possibility of watching the games for free. To access it you would need to have access to it in the states or know someone who does and then login from here.

Alternatively, there's the Big Ten Ticket, which costs around 100 for the year I think and shows all the big ten telecasts and most of the abc/espn big ten games.

For other games, there's an international espn package online, not just the espn3 thing. I can't remember how much it costs though. When I was in Scotland, it worked pretty well.

If anyone has access to any of these and you're willing to host some meetups, I'd be eternally grateful (sounds like a few others would be as well).

Josh
A former member
Hey Josh, can you confirm that espnplayer.com is the site you used in Europe?

They offer streaming packages, but it's not technically available in Aus. After "fixing" that, the only game currently listed on their schedule is Murray State v. Louisville, which is being broadcast on ESPN-U. This may mean that it's similar to All-Access in the sense that they only offer games being broadcast by their parent company. If that's the case, it's weird that the Kentucky v. Western Kentucky game, which is on ESPN-U three hours later, is not on the schedule, nor are games listed on ESPN or ESPN3.

I'll probably host some get-togethers around Cal games, even if the end-up being audio-only affairs.

-Billy
Joshua M.
user 16898321
Sydney, AU
Post #: 3
Hey Billy,

Yeah that's the site I used in Scotland. Not sure when they'll list the games they're showing but they always had every game that was available on the plethora of ESPN channels as well as the ABC games.

Josh