addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sydney Tech Meetup Message Board General Discussion › Looking for partners who want to build a startup on cloud computing and big

Looking for partners who want to build a startup on cloud computing and big dataset area

Jack
user 13814119
Sydney, AU
Post #: 2
About myself: Currently running a Salesforce app development workshop, www.sales4s.net. Having software and database development background. Was running a web startup in China back 10 years ago.

I am interested on building a startup focus on providing on-demand services to businesses users (like Salesforce CRM, box.net). Mainly will be something related to cloud computing, especially on processing big dataset.

I also have experience on micro-controller (Arduino), and trying to explore if there is any opportunity to combine it with business usage.
Sean C.
user 12918207
Sydney, AU
Post #: 1
Sounds interesting. I'm a project manager for an engineering consulting firm - we build devices for other companies, mostly medical electronics. I have had a few ideas along these lines, mostly around mitigating the high upfront capital cost of software to set up an engineering design workshop.

I also had some ideas around working this into a time-billing practice. For example, we currently need to spend $10k on CAD tools. If, instead, we could "book time" on remotely hosted CAD tools, and book it against a project number, then we could accurately bill it on to a client - and a small startup could have access to the same tools we do, on an hourly rate that they could bill to clients.

Interesting. Drop me a line.

Cheers,

Sean.
A former member
Post #: 6
I went to Amazon Web Services Cloud Tour in Sydney last week - very interesting. It makes it viable to build on the cloud then ramp up on demand rather than basic hosting.