addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sydney Tech Meetup Message Board Help My Startup › Society4.me Beta Testing Complete - Major Release Today

Society4.me Beta Testing Complete - Major Release Today

Rob E.
user 41125542
Sydney, AU
Post #: 11
Another mini milestone for my startup. After 3 months in beta testing, we have gone live today with Version 1.0 of Society4.me.

There were about 80 clubs and people who actually logged in to the site and played around. Of these around 20 of those from sports clubs I had contacted through Mailchimp email campaigns. The rest were a mix of people across the globe triggered from ads placed on Google or LinkedIn. I was surprised that click-thru-rates were much higher on LinkedIn ads than Google.

In terms of an MVP, the jury is still out I think. This release includes the key to sustainability of the business model, that is, individuals and clubs are willing to pay a subscription for this software-as-a-service offering sans advertising.

For those of you that don't know, Society4.me enables clubs, associations and individuals to create their own social mobile application that is optimised and runs in the browser of any major smartphone or tablet device.

I'd be keen to here feedback or advise from fellow entrepreneurs who have been down this route. All self-funded at the moment but that may need to change.