Time for another Hack Your Hackerspace, this time, it's to get the shop ready for the upcoming Science Is Everywhere Day on Sunday April 28th. It means we're going to have a lot of new people coming for tours of the space, so we need a bit of spring cleaning to
1. Take Your Stuff Home: We don't have infinite space for storage so..
- Have a project you were working on and forgot about? Finish it or take it home.
- Have bulk material you brought in for a project you haven't started? Take it home or donate it to the shop.
- Make sure the stuff you do have in the shop is propperly marked with a parking ticket.. name, date, contact info, etc..
- Stuff not propperly marked will be assumed shop materials
2. Consolidate and Condense: Our stored lumber and materials is getting out of hand, so this needs to be gone through
- Discard material that is no longer useful (such as chipboard)
- Move all the 4x8 sheet material in one location so we can get at the things on the pallet racks
- It's time to go through the Hackme boxes of random stuff, and toss what we don't need
3. Always Be Knolling: We have alot of stuff that needs to be put away, sorted, or otherwise tidied up.
- Storage shelving
- Laser Cutting
- 3D Printing
- Book Shelves
- Wood Working
- Really the whole shop
4. Kill the Dust: Our shop produces a lot of dust, and as such we have to go over everything and clean it up.
- Compressed air is NOT how you "clean" off equipment. It just redistrubutes the dust over everything else.
- Vacuum and/or wipe down tools and equipment
- Vacuum and/or wipe down horizontal work surfaces and shelves
- Vacuum things like horizontal conduit and outlet boxes which tend to collect dust
All right kids, boots on the ground, lets do this.