addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Tacoma Night Out Message Board › Hike at Point Defiance

Hike at Point Defiance

A former member
Post #: 4
I'm glad a few people liked idea I posted for hike at Point Defiance. I'll take it a step further and suggest a time and date for it. Sunday June 6th, three weeks from today, say noon. If any would like to do that log onto this discussion with an "I'm in" and we can turn it into a group. I've never started one of these and even new to this group, so unless someone wants to make this an official upcoming meet I'll do this here. Of course if it proves to rain on that date that can't be helped.
A former member
Post #: 8
I'm in!
A former member
Post #: 5
I've never initiated one of these meetup ideas. As said Point Defiance is one of the greatest assets of Tacoma. Anyone new to it will soon see that. I see thirteen like the idea but as yet only two, including me, seem definate. I look forward to using this group and meeting all the people here and am fine with emailing those that liked the idea, about seeing if they're likely to hike the 6th. But its just as easy if they do the "I'm in". Unless it rains that day I'm in. Here's an invite again to any that like the hike idea to make it official with an "I'm in". If not I'll probably be emailing a quick inquiry in the next week or so but this way makes it one inquiry instead of thirteen.
A former member
Post #: 6
If any actually read this, just sent out emails to all that liked the hike idea. (actually took a while even though pretty brief.) tried to look a little bit at people's likes listings and what groups they RSVPd to etc. I hope to get a decent sized group up for the hike, so if you can make it to Point Defiance the 6th great.
A former member
Post #: 7
Anyone interested in the hike, I'm out, feel free anyone to organize it if organizer is whats needed. So far there seem three maybes. I'be been planning on getting a car. Don't currently have one as I've been putting off the purchase this time until once and for all taking a mechanics course first. I'm terrible at automechanic stuff. (and this means what some may have already inferred. I've been to one meet courtesy of hopping on and off the bus to get there. Thats embarrasing, almost as bad as being driven by a parent to these things. I just poke fun at myself with that. Last meet I left and made sure to walk a block past the busstop, right there, like I was going to my car. I also have a chuckle at myself with twice having had ten minute long conversation with fancified wording of doing a career overhaul, when in reality I've been sitting at home on my ass watching The Golden Girls, cause starting a career exploration program keeps getting postponed and postponed.

That was the end of the funny part, (except for the fact I'm fully aware this thread is the longest thread with 4 replies, three of which are me replying to my own thread, which tends to look goofy in these type sites, especially here where most of them have 0 or 1 reply.) I was fully aware of that, but into the idea of a hike meet. The reply of mine of mention just emailing 14 people was really not a necessary post. - 14 people are enough people. The purpose of it was for any others potentially interested and unaware someone was attempting to get it going. (and this post is long, -- and probably showing I'm not suited for this group. but I don't really care today. and I'll go ahead and say, I was up all last night thinking of this and that I'm now posting. cause someone's post irritated the crap out of me for a good hour, (and I was already irritated with a roommate I'm sick of). I thought to stifle saying anything to keep awkwardness out of future meetups. But when I get irritated enough I often risk my health with excess coffee and food intake, and decided to post a little "now wait a second" about this group.
As said, my health, and internal pressurecooker become involved.- why I'm posting this while knowing likely, this group, it will mostly be considered oddly long, whatever. I'm leaving the group, not just the hike date. I joined this group when it was called "TTown Mixers." I didn't use meetup for months and when I returned all my groups but this one had deleted me for lack of using them. I replied about that fact in post without thinking at all about the new name. I haven't had any bother by the group moderator to be mentioning this, but someone, and they know well who they are if reading this, used the point of the group name in insinuative post, so I now have to say, I'm not exactly sure what the point of the namechange is, because "Professional Mixers" serves the same purpose of attracting a more elite crowd, and without the pretentious air. I don't comprehend something about this group. The group has an obvious success formula as I noticed the list of past meets. Today, looking at it again, it shows they were very regular, and suddenly stopped April 24th. If I wanted to be paranoid I'd say someone was trying to shake me from the group, way of keeping meets secretly arranged, cause thats right around the time I started using the group again. When I posted my hike idea, I noticed there were -zero- meets planned. I wondered how this group keeps going like that. Other groups, every single time I log in to my gmail I have to clear out handfuls of meet notices. When I saw 14 people had voted 'like' to my Point Defiance idea I did a moment internally of Sally Fielding with 'they like me. they really really like me" (my idea), even though the general focus was just getting together the meet. Someone suggested instead of emailing 14 people why didn't I just contact the organizer and offer to be an assistant organizer. I haven't been minded on using meetup.com more than once or twice a month, all my groups, that I wanted to become an assistant. But it seems to me, the vote 'like ide' concept is for support with some people. I think differently and though thats wellmeaning I don't really see the point of a whole bunch of votes for liking an idea by people when they really aren't set on making it there. But where I differ more in my thinking is that someone would make a blatant derogatory towards me, and be set on going to the meet idea - that was my initiation. I'm actually not insinuative subtle enough for reality with combatting people that 'push me' (I'm combative but more directly sometimes, and impractically so, so I'll wish someone enjoyed pursuits with this group. But it serves no social purpose meeting currently.

This was way long. But, I don't really get this group. Its kind of mysterious with its sudden drop off of meets planned.