addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Tampa Ruby Brigade Message Board › Future of Tampa Rubyists

Future of Tampa Rubyists

Scott B.
Portland, OR
Post #: 35
Jason, Stephen and I got back from RailsConf last week. Met lots of new people, and got some ideas for what to do with this group in the future.

One thought - was to start having a weekly hack night. Every tuesday or wednesday we can meetup to have a more impromptu discussion and hack on some actual code. Then every month or so we can get together in a slightly more formal setting and do a presentation-style format.

This might help increase the momentum, and hopefully spur bigger attendance.

Hopefully there are more of you out there reading this than the 4-5 or so current regular attendees of our monthly meetings!

If you have any suggestions for topics or activities, let me know!

- Scott
A former member
Post #: 1
I would love to connect with the group on a more regular basis. Im just now getting into my first app and im as frustrated as all get out! I could benni a TON from getting together more frequently.

Thanks for all the work you do Scott.
A former member
Post #: 2
Although the laptop lounge is nice, I think it may hurt your hitting the larger ruby community, what with navigating the USF maze, paying for parking, etc.
Scott B.
Portland, OR
Post #: 36
So what location would you prefer? :) I'm open to suggestions.