addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Tampa Bay Vegan & Vegetarian Meetup Group Message Board › New Meetup: Dinner at new organic/veg restaurant - Indian Rocks Beach

New Meetup: Dinner at new organic/veg restaurant - Indian Rocks Beach

Pamela
PamelaNLargo
Largo, FL
Announcing a new Meetup for Tampa Bay Vegan & Vegetarian Meetup Group!

What: Dinner at new organic/veg restaurant - Indian Rocks Beach

When: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 6:00 PM

Where:
Cafe au Naturel
435 Gulf Blvd
Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785

Let's meet up at this cafe for a meal with like-minded people.

Cafe Au Naturel is located right on the corner of the Walsingham Causeway and Gulf Blvd at Indian Rocks Beach. They serve a majority of organic items and offer vegan and vegetarian items as well.
The cafe is open Tuesday through Saturday 8am-8pm and features a small VEGAN buffet every day from 11 to close.
When I stopped in yesterday, here are some of the items on the buffet: Fresh spinach leaves, Black Olives, alfalfa sprouts, pineapple, dilled cucumber, broccoli/cauli mix, strawberry cilantro salsa, greek garbanzo marinade, carrots, bell peppers, snow peas and bread/nuts on the side bar.
There is also a soup bar offering 3 choices of soup, two are veg/vegan. The zucchini italienne is vegetarian and the Lentil-leek soup with parsnips is vegan!
This could be the start of a regular meetup group. We can even move it to the beach! The owner of the cafe is starting to deliver picnic baskets to the beach, so we might be having dinner on the beach next time while watching the beautiful sunset from Indian Rocks Beach.

The cafe also offers smoothies and drinks, organic teas, coffees and offers many options for condiments, including stevia, cane sugar and soy/coconut creamer, which is VERY hard to find in our local coffeehouses!

The owner of the cafe has graciously offered a discount of $2 per person for this event when ordering any of the entrees. I think I am going to try the Teriyaki Tofu!

Hope to see you there- please RSVP asap and if Wednesday isn't good, we can make it Thursday or Tuesday. I'm open to suggestions on which day might attract the most attendees.

Please email me if you have any questions and details will follow to those who RSVP!

It's always exciting to get a new veg-friendly restaurant in town!

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­
Pamela
PamelaNLargo
Largo, FL
Post #: 28
Looking forward to meeting you all for a nice meal on Wednesday!
Parking can be a challenge at this location. Best spots to park are behind the south side of the building off Gulf Blvd. Also there may be spots for the Sand Dollar Plaza on the one way street that enters the causeway. I know thats confusing.
If you are coming across the Walsingham Causeway, take the 1st left, as if you were going to the Holiday Inn Harbourside, when you get to the roundabout, take a right and take the next right, which is a one-way only. Before you get back to the Causeway there is a parking area on the right for the Plaza.
OR you can email me ahead of time!
Pamela
PamelaNLargo
Largo, FL
Post #: 29
I have a map with parking directions but can't upload the .pdf here....Contact me if you need it and I'll have to send it through an outside email address.

Thanks!

Remember, it's tomorrow at 6 pm at Indian Rocks Beach!