2030 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA
Every Thursday, students may join our weekly drop-in beginner class at any time, no partner or pre-registration required.
Time: 7:00-8:00 pm
Cost: $10 (F/T students get 20% all of our classes)
This beginner class covers the same material as our Two-Day Argentine Tango Beginner Intensive, but at a more leisurely pace. Students should expect to attend this course for about eight weeks before moving on to our Advanced Beginner Level.
Topics covered include:
• Improvisation with simple steps (using "the grid" and the basic step, for example);
• Familiarity with the basic step as a "road map" for dancing tango;
• Basic technique for balancing, walking, ochos and other simple steps;
• An introduction to lead & follow;
• An introduction to tango music & musicality;
• An introduction to navigating the social dance floor.