In honor of Global Fat-Bike Day, we'll celebrate by riding fat tire bicycles. This ride is exclusive to fat-tire bicycles. Mountain, CX, hybrids, and other non-fat tire bikes are not permitted on this ride. The ride will begin next to Punch Pizza Lake Calhoun with lunch there after. The route will include riding on the Greenway and loop around the lakes. Expect to ride approximately 20 miles at a 9-10mph pace.
Temperatures are beginning to cool so please make sure that you are dressed appropriately and have proper gear.
Please note: Proper group riding etiquette is expected of all riders at all times and courtesy towards others is expected. Of course anything can happen with the weather, so please watch this site for updates. RIDE NOTES:
• For your benefit, a link to weather forecast: www.accuweather.com
• Helmets are required - please bring and wear a properly fit helmet.
• All riders need to have a signed waiver on file. Previous riders do not have to fill out a new form, but new riders to the group need to fill out a waiver. Here is the link to the form: http://files.meetup.com/1152206/TCBMWaiver.doc. It is always more efficient to bring along a completed form.
• Bring a functional spare tube and bike lights
• Bring your sense of humor and a sense of adventure